Win Alan Jackson’s Freight Train
Alan Jackson’s 18th release, Freight Train, lands on shelves next week. It was produced by Keith Stegall and features a duet with Lee Ann Womack on “Till the End” in tribute to the late Vern Gosdin. The title track was written by Fred Eaglesmith, while Jackson had a hand in writing eight of the twelve new tracks, including the current single “It’s Just That Way.”
What Critics Are Saying
There’s nothing flashy or showy on this album. The themes on Freight Train are familiar but welcome, and you definitely know you’re in Jackson territory. There are many songs about romantic love, a life parable disguised as a fishing song, a bittersweet paean to a young daughter, a lilting duet (with Lee Ann Womack), a song of regret, another one of goodbye, a tribute to the workingman and everyday life. That’s Jackson’s side of the street. These days, it’s not a very crowded place. — Chet Flippo, CMT
His 14th studio album, “Freight Train,” opens with the blue-collar tribute “Hard Hat and a Hammer,” which could be a giant radio hit, given the current economic woes in the heartland. He duets with Lee Ann Womack on Vern Gosdin’s 1977 weeper “Til the End,” and recruits bluegrass queen Rhonda Vincent for harmony on three tracks, including the haunting, lovely “Every Now and Then.” Jackson combines genuine emotion with a clever twist on “Tail Lights Blue.” — Wade Jessen, Billboard
Freight Train Tracklist
- “Hard Hat And A Hammer”
- “Every Now And Then”
- “After 17″
- “It’s Just That Way”
- “Freight Train”
- “Tail Lights Blue”
- “I Could Get Used To This Lovin’ Thing”
- “Till The End (with Lee Ann Womack)”
- “That’s Where I Belong”
- “Big Green Eyes”
- “True Love Is A Golden Ring”
- “The Best Keeps Getting Better”
Entering the Giveaway
We have five copies of Freight Train to give away, and entering is easy–just leave any comment answering the following question: Which current artist or group would you like to see record a tribute to a classic artist (pick a song)?
You must use a valid email address when you enter so that we can contact you if you win. The9513.com will never share your private information without your explicit consent.
Eligible comments must be posted by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, March 31st. The winners will be chosen randomly and announced after the contest has ended.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...