Aquapalooza Not So Free for Non-Boaters; Johnny Cash Outtakes; Craig Morgan Hosts New Reality Series
Aquapalooza is set to take place on Lake Travis this coming Saturday. It’s a free event for boat owners or those who know someone with a boat, otherwise concertgoers might find themselves having to shell out big bucks to see headliner Brad Paisley. Independence day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean you won’t […]
The Berklee College of Music presented Emmylou Harris with an honorary doctor of music. New releases for the week of October 6, 2009 include: Conway Twitty – 12 Number One Hits Amazon | Varese Vintage Records David Frizzell – The Very Best of David Frizzell Amazon | Varese Vintage Records Josh Grider – Sweet Road […]
The Little Nashville Opry in Nashville, Indiana burned down over the weekend. In celebration of the fall return of “Opry Country Classics,” Opry.com asked a few country artists to name their favorite country classics. (via Country Music Tattle Tale) At least one country music DJ is upset that his station received a prerecorded interview with […]
Kenny Chesney launched his own clothing line, Blue Chair Bay. The singer is certain the range will capture his laid back style for the line, which features worn-in baseball caps and T-shirts starting at $35, because he’s used his non-famous friends for inspiration. He adds, “I’ve got a shirt that says ‘Bob’s Charter’ and Bob […]
Shania Twain Guests On American Idol; Dolly Parton Box Set Announced; George Jones Teams With Cracker Barrel
Shania Twain will fill in as a guest judge at an upcoming American Idol audition. New releases for the week of August 18, 2009 include: Augie Meyers – Country Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Brady Seals – Play Time Amazon | iTunes | MySpace David Nail – I’m About To Come Alive Amazon | iTunes […]
Steve Martin is headed to the Ryman Auditorium on Oct. 11. He’ll be performing with The Steep Canyon Rangers in An Evening of Bluegrass & Banjo. Tickets go on sale next Friday (July 31). Two Tons of Steel (MySpace) will release their new album, Not That Lucky, on August 18. (via press release) John Dawson, […]
The CMA Board of Directors approved changes to redefine the procedures and categories for inclusion into the Country Music Hall of Fame, starting with the 2010 ballots. The new “Veterans Era” category will be for professionals who have been in the industry for more than 25 45 years and combines the former “Career Achieved National […]
Ask any artist what their favorite cities to play are and McCoy, TX isn’t likely to appear anywhere in their top 100. In fact, most have probably never heard of McCoy. And, unless you type in the county name (Atascosa), Google Maps will likely lead you astray by about 364 miles north of this particular […]
In October of 2005 Jason Boland checked himself into rehab after trying to kick his alcohol habit for a few years. He said it was a scary prospect coming back to music sober, he didn’t know whether was going to like it or not. “Our strengths are always our weaknesses. Music was one of the […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …