As past Nashville Star and American Idol contestants can attest, winning a television singing competition isn’t the same as winning a slot on ever-shrinking radio playlists, much less a long-term career in music. In fact, the very quality that often makes acts stand out on such shows–sounding polished and professional, like something you’d hear on [...]
Miranda Lambert launched her own line of jewelry. Each piece is personally designed and handcrafted by Miranda herself, making them one-of-a-kind. If you’re looking to score a piece — good luck. Due to high demand everything is almost sold out. She’s not the only one with a new jewelry line, though. Big Kenny’s wife, Christiev [...]
This episode features two interviews with artists from very differnt corners of Country Music. I was, however, able to find a common thread among the seemingly opposite performers. Both artists seemed to not concern themselves with the labels that fans and writers often use to describe their sound, and even shared a bit of frustration [...]
Talk about a slow news day. Isn’t anyone having a baby? Kenny Chesney dropped by the White House yesterday–to catch a ball game. Three tee ball games are [...] scheduled at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue featuring youngsters from all 50 states. The games will be attended by President George W. Bush, who will use the event [...]
The former home of Johnny Cash‘s parents, which sits across the street from where Johnny and June’s home was burned down last year, is up for sale on eBay. For only 1.4 million dollars you get the house, Johnny Cash memorabilia, including a gold record of “I Walk the Line,” and you’ll be neighbors with [...]
Time Life plans to periodically release 143 previously-unreleased Hank Williams‘ recordings over a three year period. The recordings were made in 1951 for Williams’ show on radio station WSM-AM in Nashville and were sponsored by Mother’s Best flour. Watch Jason Isbell perform “Dress Blues” live at Stubb’s in Austin, TX, then go read the story [...]
Dierks Bentley joins “Mr. Push Up Bra Inventor” and “Mr. Tiny Thong Bikini Wearer” as one of the subjects immortalized in Anheuser Busch’s “Real Men of Genius” radio spots. In the ad, he’s saluted as “Mr. Sad Country Song Songwriter” (listen). “Getting a ‘real men of genius’ spot is pretty much the pinnacle for a [...]
Shel Silverstein’s 1969 country album Boy Named Sue has been reissued by Water Records and includes liner notes from Chet Flippo. George Jones performed a 30-song concert on Monday night that lasted for over 90 minutes. Robert Reid says his voice showed signs of wear, but it never abandoned him. (via ggcolumn) “I listen to [...]
The title track from Trent Willmon’s Broken In is the second single to make it off the album. It’s a simple song, but it’s well constructed and Willmon’s rough vocal suits it just fine, giving it a refreshing sound and an air of authenticity. “Broken In” conveys the cowboy character without the embellished romanticism and [...]
Blue Highway – Through the Window of a Train If Dierks Bentley ever makes a bluegrass album, and I suspect that he will, it would sound a lot like this. The Dierksache may not much resemble Tim Stafford’s high lonesome, but Through the Window of a Train finds this veteran bluegrass group crooning a self-penned [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...