Dallas Wayne Added to Heybale Lineup; The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music Passed Away; Lionel Richie Recording Country Duets
Singer, songwriter, and Sirius deejay Dallas Wayne has been announced as the replacement for Gary Claxton in the band Heybale. The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser published a really cool profile on Elizabeth McQueen, who in turn, dishes out a lot of praise for Ray Benson and Willie Nelson. The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music James [...]
The Bellamy Brothers Raise Questions Over Britney Spears Single; George Strait/Reba McEntire Lead Country Tours in 2010
Britney Spears‘ new single was released Monday, which wouldn’t ordinarily be news here, but The Bellamy Brothers are taking issue with some of the songs lyrics, specifically the line “If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?” It’s eerily close to the Brothers’ 1979 classic “If I Said You [...]
“For the first time in my career I really feel like I have some real momentum going here,” Blake Shelton told me during an interview a couple of years back. “I’ve never had that. I’ve always been the guy that’s making a comeback every time.” What he meant was that at that time radio didn’t [...]
Thursday in the News Roundup, Brody reported on some unfavorable reviews of Gwyneth Paltrow’s new movie Country Strong. PopWatch Blog’s Josh Rottenberg put together an overview of the film’s not-so-stellar reviews: The first reviews are starting to trickle in for Gwyneth Paltrow’s country-music melodrama Country Strong, which opened in just two theaters today, and if [...]
Dolly to Recieve Lifetime Achievement Award; Critics Unimpressed with ‘Country Strong’; The Hollyfelds’ Debut Video
Dolly Parton, the Ramones, Julie Andrews, the Kingston Trio, the Juilliard String Quartet, jazz musician and bandleader Roy Haynes and gospel singer-composer George Beverly Shea will be recognized by the Recording Academy with Lifetime Achievement Awards early next year. Randy Rogers on his latest album: The album is about sad stuff a lot of the [...]
Tim McGraw Nears the End of His Record Contract; Joe Nichols Readies Hits; Taylor Swift at Ed Sullivan Theater
Tim McGraw on his relationship with his label, Curb Records: Pressed on why 20 years was too long, Tim caught himself and pulled a few of his punches while answering. “Look, I think there comes a time when you’ve gotten everything out of each other that you can … When a relationship doesn’t work mutually [...]
There is country radio, and then there is Country Radio. When I first began covering the business a decade ago, I was at first annoyed to see the way that radio insiders insisted on referring to their milieu as “Country Radio” in every casual mention (see here)—but I eventually became grateful for the useful distinction. [...]
Josh Kelley Previews Album with New EP; John Rich Still Mired in Lawsuits; Bonus Track From Marty Stuart
Come Dec. 14, American Idol runner-up Crystal Bowersox will release her debut album Farmer’s Daughter, but does it stand a chance? Reality Rocks’ Lyndsey Parker says YES — if her label markets her as a country artist. Listen to some live performances at No Depression. John Rich‘s latest lawsuit claims that former Nashville Star contestant [...]
Alabama reunited to record a track for a new Waylon Jennings tribute album, The Music Inside: A Collaboration Dedicated to Waylon Jennings, that’s due out next Feb. The song, “Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way,” will be released as a single to radio early next week (stream a preview). Other artists appearing on [...]
BMI Names Taylor Swift Songwriter of the Year, Bill Sherrill Icon; Catherine Britt’s Video for “Sweet Emmylou”
Twenty-year-old Taylor Swift became the youngest songwriter of the year award winner at last night’s BMI Awards. She also became the first songwriter to win song of the year three years in a row; this year’s win was for her co-write with Liz Rose on “You Belong With Me.” In addition to his benefit concerts [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...