Randy Travis Divorces; Asleep at the Wheel to Celebrate 40 Years; Broken Bow Records Signs Kristy Lee Cook
Randy Travis and his wife Elizabeth finalized their divorce last Friday. No details were given and the couple asks for privacy, but a statement did say Elizabeth will continue to be Randy’s personal manager. Bill Anderson turned 73-years-young today. Check out this video of Anderson and Roy Acuff performing “I Wonder If God Likes Country […]
The answering machine turns 75 this year. Though many of us have upgraded to cell phones and voicemail, let’s pay tribute to our old pal. References to answering machines abound in country music (Bruce Robison’s “Every Once in a While” is one of my favorites, but there are several others), and today we’ll be looking […]
The 9513, Country Universe and (no doubt) other websites and publications are busy finalizing and publishing their Best Albums of the Decade lists. It is, of course an impossible task as there are hundreds of country and bluegrass albums issued each year, amounting to thousands of albums released during the last decade. When we add […]
Whether real or imaginary, the figure of the angel has wormed its way into all facets of country music. From church pews to bar stools, you just can’t escape these heavenly helpers…or the real life folks who may just look angelic. The list of potential songs for this month’s playlist was quite lengthy, but after […]
Based on a compilation of more than 10,000 songs, artists Fernanda Viégas and Martin Wattenberg put together a data visualization chart that lists the most common body parts (pictures included) referenced in music by genre. Eyes and hands are the most referenced parts in country music. They even compiled a rebus glossary of all the […]
Capitol Nashville/EMI will honor the legacy of Chris LeDoux on April 29th with a new CD/DVD collection titled Classic Chris LeDoux. Among the 15 audio tracks and 15 videos on the new collection are LeDoux’s “Bang A Drum” with Jon Bon Jovi, “Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy” with Garth Brooks, and the music video […]
First off, Happy New Year to everyone. To start the new year off, we’ve compiled a list of the best songs from 2007. The staff had a lengthy discussion about which songs should be available for nomination for such a list and we decided that a song had to be an original recording on an […]
I don’t know how long they’ll be available, so start downloading. Sugar Hill Records has three free mp3 downloads on their MySpace from Sugar Plum: Holiday Treats From Sugar Hill. You have to be logged in with pop-ups enabled to download these: “That White Christmas Song” – Red Knuckles & The Trailblazers; “Silent Night” – […]
I’ve posted a number of interviews with Billy Joe Shaver and I may be a little biased, but I think the interview that Brady scored for The 9513 is the best yet. I was giddy like a school girl when he walked next door to Waterloo Records and played me the recording. On November 20 […]
Despite their musical prowess, Bruce Robison and his wife Kelly Willis like to keep their careers separate for the sake of their own sanity. John Goodspeed says they “could portray the everyday American married couple — if the average family had four children under age 6.” Willis mentions that their four year-old twins write songs […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …