The latest from “Angels in Waiting” singer Tammy Cochran is an unassuming, itty bitty indie country record that swings and twangs and sasses along with enough heart, character and charisma to fill the shoes of a dozen Music City smash hits. From Cochran’s self-written, self-produced, self-everything album 30 Something and Single (released on her own [...]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson [...]
In 2009, we asked a number of country artists for their answer to the question “What is country music?” Here is an anthology of their answers. What is country music? “Well, I’m a traditional country artist. I always have been and I always will be. I love it so much—I always have—that when you speak [...]
After having the song “Angels In Waiting” land in the top 10 on Billboard’s Hot Country Singles chart back in 2001, Tammy Cochran could easily be included as one of the many in Nashville who have used tragedy and heartbreak as the motivation for a hit song. Describing her experience watching her two older brothers, [...]
Whether real or imaginary, the figure of the angel has wormed its way into all facets of country music. From church pews to bar stools, you just can’t escape these heavenly helpers…or the real life folks who may just look angelic. The list of potential songs for this month’s playlist was quite lengthy, but after [...]
Gretchen Wilson and Sony Music Nashville have parted ways. Mel McDaniel, who suffered a heart attack in June, was released from the hospital and moved to a rehabilitation center. Kix Brooks, David Lee Murphy, Bob DiPiero and Leslie Satcher will be part of an acoustic songwriters’ night on Aug. 5 at Douglas Corner in Nashville. [...]
Shanachie Records continues onwards with its dive into country music by signing Tammy Cochran and Gene Watson to the label. The first album that will be released from Cochran is “Where I Am,” an album of 12 originals that was self-released earlier this year (read our interview with Tammy Cochran). Watson’s album will consist of [...]
After finding out last month that Tammy Cochran was releasing a new album I was curious as to whether it would be anything like her past albums. You might remember her soul-wrenching song Angels In Waiting. That particular song always held a deep meaning with me because I also have older twin brothers. When I [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...