Songwriters: Ben Glover, Joe Leathers and Rachel Thibodeau Curb artist Steve Holy’s last album was released back in 2006; five years can seem a lifetime, an agonizing, career-challenging lull for a star in the music business. To his credit, his latest single “Love Don’t Run” showcases a voice with newfound maturity, and a lyric with […]
Kevin J. Coyne over at Country Universe caused a ripple in the space-time continuum of the country music blogoverse a couple of weeks ago with his ruthless takedown of Sugarland’s latest. “The Incredible Machine is a terrible album, an unmitigated disaster that manages to fail in ways that shouldn’t even be possible,” he wrote, concluding […]
Miley Cyrus is Afraid of Country Music; Taylor Swift Celebrates 4 #1s; Loveless, Whitley To Join KY Music Hall of Fame
Miley Cyrus on country music: “It scares me[...] It feels contrived on so many levels. Unless you’re wearing a cowboy hat and cowboy boots and singing and whining about your girlfriend or boyfriend leaving you it’s not going to sell. I think that’s why my dad finally got out of it. You have to wear […]
Garth Brooks Tickets Sold Out; Little Doug Sahm’s First Single; Country Music Displacing Rock n’ Roll
Sell Outs: The first 20 shows of Garth Brooks‘ gig at the Wynn Las Vegas resort sold out in less than five hours and four of Taylor Swift‘s 2010 tour dates sold out in two minutes on Friday. Next month marks 10 years since the passing of Doug Sahm. The folks at Texas Music Matters […]
This July marks the 40 year anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission in which man first set foot on the moon. And what better way to celebrate than with a lunar-loving playlist? Pop in those earbuds, fix yourself a big glass of Tang, and do a little stargazing this month. 40. “Defy the Moon” – […]
A recording studio built by Buck Owens that once served as his headquarters is shutting its doors. Rick Davis bought the legendary Oildale studio from Owens in 1992. The two police officers accused of holding a gun to the back of Steve Holy’s head were indicted this past Monday on one count of aggravated assault […]
The Charleston Gazette ran a touching story on Christmas Eve about Steve Johnson, a 50-year old cancer patient who had fulfilled two of his three wishes. The last thing he wanted to do before he died was visit the Grand Ole Opry, something he didn’t think he was going to happen. While looking up information […]
Inviting strangers over to play foosball in your garage after a night of drinking can be very dangerous, even if said strangers are off-duty police officers. Just ask Steve Holy, who had a gun held to the back of his head. The situation escalated when Holy failed to provide sufficient evidence about his identity to […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …