Alabama reunited to record a track for a new Waylon Jennings tribute album, The Music Inside: A Collaboration Dedicated to Waylon Jennings, that’s due out next Feb. The song, “Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way,” will be released as a single to radio early next week (stream a preview). Other artists appearing on [...]
Shawn Camp Release to Lead to ‘Lost Tapes’ Series? Yes, Please; CMT Premieres Eight Videos; Bleakest Songs in Country History
Warner Music Nashville president John Esposito has been getting a lot of credit for releasing Shawn Camp‘s sophomore album, 1994, 16 years after it was recorded, but the discovery also got him to thinking about what else might be buried. As it turns out, there could be a lot. AP entertainment writer Chris Talbott notes [...]
Brooks & Dunn Cap Hall of Fame-Worthy Career; Ashley Monroe Signs New Deal; Carrie Underwood Snubbery
Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn capped their nearly 20-year career together last Thursday with “Brand New Man,” the same song that helped launch them way back in 1991. Watch a lo-fi video on YouTube (via That Nashville Sound). GAC’s Tom Roland says the show didn’t feel as final as it could have and declares the [...]
Hank Williams Catalog Doubled; Sunny Sweeney Sings For the Working Man; Behind the Scenes with Joey+Rory
In a recent video, Jett Williams introduced details of the forthcoming box set Hank Williams: The Complete Mother’s Best Recordings…Plus. The video is actually a preview of the DVD that’s included with the 15-CD collection, due out on Sept. 28. More details, song listings, and audio previews can be found on the collection’s dedicated website. [...]
Steve Martin’s Leaked Tour Rider; Dale Watson, Trace Adkins, Little Big Town, & Sugarland Schedule New Albums
A few details from Steve Martin‘s leaked tour rider: Wardrobe: Nothing constricting or scratchy, except for Steve’s thong. Venue must have Bela Fleck on speed dial, in case Steve’s feeling lazy. Golf cart(s) must be available to transport Steve and the Steep Canyon Rangers from dressing room area to the stage. If distance is less [...]
Upcoming Music Events Benefit Flood Relief; Gruene Hall Celebrates 35 Years; Ultimate Willie Nelson List
Tickets for Music City Keep on Playin’ – A Benefit for Flood Relief, the first nationally televised telethon for Nashville flood aid, went on sale today. The event includes Kellie Pickler, Will Hoge, Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley, Rodney Atkins and more, and will broadcast live on GAC next Sunday. Tim McGraw and Faith [...]
Vince Gill’s Excellence; Rodney Atkins Now Officially Associated with Cheese; Dierks Bentley’s Bluegrass
Belmont University plans to honor Vince Gill on April 24 with its E. Mulloy Award of Excellence, which basically means he’s a pretty excellent dude. Dierks Bentley previewed tracks from his new, guest-heavy bluegrass album on Tuesday afternoon, CMT has the details: Although the instrumentation and sensibility of the 12-song album are solidly bluegrass, the [...]
Hold your horses, cowpokes–Rodney Atkins’ new single, “Farmer’s Daughter,” is not a cover of Merle Haggard’s classic piece of country music poetry. In fact, Atkins’ innocuous vignette is about as far as possible from that father’s rumination on the night he’ll give his daughter away to a city boy. Here, perhaps country music’s most family-friendly [...]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson [...]
In 2009, we asked a number of country artists for their answer to the question “What is country music?” Here is an anthology of their answers. What is country music? “Well, I’m a traditional country artist. I always have been and I always will be. I love it so much—I always have—that when you speak [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...