Songwriters: by Chris DuBois, Brad Paisley, Randy Owen and Dave Turnbull With the second single from his forthcoming studio album This Is Country Music, Brad Paisley honors Country Music Hall of Famers Alabama with what will surely be a summertime staple at barbeques and beach parties. “Old Alabama,” a lite country-rock anthem of warm weather [...]
Miranda Lambert Sets CMA Awards Record; ‘CMA Music Festival’ Airs Tonight; Joey+Rory To Tour with Don Williams
Even if Miranda Lambert doesn’t win anything at the upcoming CMA Awards (highly unlikely), it’ll still be quite a year. She scored several more nominations today in the following categories: entertainer of the year, female vocalist of the year, album of the year for Revolution, and she has a part in the musical event of [...]
Who was the female lead in Pure Country? Low blow, mister: That ponytail was a clip-on. — CM Why do young people like the song “Love Story?” The same reason my generation liked the song “Can’t Live Without Your Love and Affection”: young people are dumb. — Sam Why isn’t Miley Cyrus country anymore? Country [...]
Songwriter Larry Jon Wilson Passed Away; Jimmy Buffet To Host Free Concert; Miranda’s “House” Holds Top Spot
Songwriter Larry Jon Wilson passed away yesterday afternoon at the age of 69 after suffering a stroke while visiting family. Wilson recorded four LPs in the ’70s before becoming disillusioned with the music business. After 29 years without a release though, he returned last year with an acoustic collection of songs simply titled Larry Jon [...]
Willie Nelson‘s stage manager of 34 years, Randall “Poodie” Locke, passed away at his home yesterday from a heart attack. He was 56. Michael Corcoran explains how he got the name Poodie: As his mother Gloria “Momma” Locke loved to say, Poodie won the Most Beautiful Baby contest in Waco when he was just a [...]
Shawn Sahm led the surviving members of the Texas Tornados, Augie Meyers and Flaco Jiminez, in a six-song romp at Antone’s last night that was part of a two-hour tribute show to his father, the late Doug Sahm. In addition to a documentary that’s being made about his father, Shaw Sahm also told the crowd [...]
Jim Lauderdale, Sam Bush, Nanci Griffith and Foster & Lloyd have been confirmed to perform as part of the Americana Music Association’s ‘Live at The Bluebird Cafe’ series starting in February. Little Big Town announced that bands and musicians can register to compete for an opening slot on the upcoming A Place To Land Tour. [...]
Trace Adkins – X (Ten) Whereas Adkins’ previous albums have touched on redemption and reflection in passing, X puts those issues front and center. In fact, a majority of the album is comprised of truly outstanding material, which includes the sincere “All I Ask For Anymore,” and the fantastic Larry Cordle (of “Murder on Music [...]
Bobby Bare Jr. says Shel Silverstein critiqued every song he wrote until he died and says he was his father’s best friend. In that respect, it’s only fitting that Bare Sr. and Jr. are collaborating on a tribute album to the late children’s author, artist, poet and songwriter. Scheduled for release sometime next year, the [...]
Clint Black filed a lawsuit against his manager/accountant, Charles Sussman. Black asserts that Sussman and his firm “repeatedly engaged in self-dealing, negligence, and/or gross negligence” in steering his finances. Part of the dispute involves Little Big Town. Black believed the band was signed to a long-term deal with Equity Records, the independent record label in [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...