Willie Nelson collaborated with T Bone Burnett on a forthcoming album of vintage country songs that date back as far as the ’20s, and as reported by The Boot, he’s completed three others: one with James Stroud, one with Leon Russell, and another with Wynton Marsalis that serves as a tribute to Ray Charles. Townes […]
The second installment of our countdown of the decade’s top 100 albums is a male-dominated affair, save for a Georgia peach with big old voice and a young Aussie Sheila with a love for traditional country. 90. Twice The Speed Of Life (2004) – Sugarland Twice The Speed Of Life may not be the most […]
If you’re a person who appreciates crowds, the desert sun, girls in bikinis, walking, being surrounded by people who are blissfully hammered, and country music of both the awesome and terrible variety, then you would have been wise to truck yourself on out to Indio, CA last weekend for the annual Stagecoach Music Festival. Thanks […]
Ladies and gentlemen, after weeks of mulling over nearly every country album released last year, we’re proud to present The 9513′s Best Country Songs of 2008. To be eligible, a song may not have appeared on 2007′s Top 50 list, and all significant covers have been excluded. Also, please note that a song need not […]
The return of a legend. The emergence of two legends’ sons. The unexpected pairing of two husband-and-wife duos. These were among the stories that defined country music in 2008. This year’s top albums came to us from every corner of the country music spectrum–from Australia to the coal mines of Appalachia to the stage of […]
September saw a rash of superb releases that tended to dominate the list, although eleven different albums end up making an appearance. I have to think artists that know what they’re doing are able to duplicate quality while others only reach greatness every once in awhile due to luck. A couple of interesting notes about […]
Next Tuesday the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will unveil a special spotlight exhibit dedicated to Johnny Cash. The following week they’ll open a new one for Gene Watson. Both exhibits will run through Spring 2009. Darius Rucker joined an exclusive list of Ray Charles and Charley Pride as the only black artists […]
A traditional country album laced with bluegrass sensibilities, This One Is Two is neither glamorous nor expected–among names like Randy Travis and Patty Loveless, both of whom released outstanding new entries this year, I daresay few people would have thought the best country album of the 2008 to-date would emerge from southwest Virginia at the […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …