Wynonna Judd, her daughter, and tour manager were involved in a “major head-on collision” on Wednesday. Fortunately, everyone turned out to be okay. On Aug. 20, the Country Music Hall of Fame will debut the new exhibit Tammy Wynette: First Lady Of Country Music, Presented By Great American Country Television Network. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox [...]
Taylor Swift Hosts ‘SNL’; Dolly Parton & Jessica Simpson Have Big Breasts; Kristofferson Receives Inaugural Stephen Bruton Award
Watch the promo for this week’s Saturday Night Live, hosted by Taylor Swift. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox reviewed the new album from Derek Hoke, Goodbye Rock N Roll, and maintained that Hoke has released one of the finest country debuts of 2009. (MySpace) His gentle, unpretentious brand of throwback country often seems just a hiccup [...]
The video for Kenny Chesney‘s song “Out Last Night” debuted on MySpace today. Proceed with caution, you’ll never get the next three minutes and 16 seconds of your life back. Farce the Music sold out to make a serious recommendation for Do Wrong Right by The Devil Makes Three (MySpace). That’s the second strong endorsement [...]
Based on a quote from a source close to the Spears family, E! Online is reporting that Jamie Lynn Spears, the younger sister to Britney Spears, is working on a country album. [That should get the comments flowing.] The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper and The New York Times‘ Douglas Martin wrote profiles on the life and [...]
For the third year in a row, the Country Music Association is donating proceeds from the CMA Music Festival to Nashville area schools. Only this year the total amounts to over $1 million, more than the past two years combined. Thirty-one schools will benefit from the donation and twenty-one of those schools will receive instruments [...]
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were the big winners at the Grammys last night, sweeping all five categories they were nominated in for their collaboration on Raising Sand. Those wins, along with other relevant award winners are highlighted here: Album of the Year: Raising Sand – Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Record of the Year: [...]
A negative review motivated Brad Paisley to one-up his concert in Memphis: “The last time we played here in Memphis I got the worst review I think I’ve ever gotten. I remember it saying, among other things, that I was no Gene Watson,” Paisley said Thursday night to the crowd in Memphis. “I certainly agree [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...