Alan Jackson Splits with Longtime Label; Bloodshot Signs Lydia Loveless; The Steep Canyon Rangers Celebrate 10 Years
After 22 years together, Alan Jackson and Arista Nashville are parting ways. As for a future label home, Jackson’s manager says there’s currently three options that look really good, but doesn’t mention what they are. Our Country’s Chris Willman gets more into the specifics of what the split means. Something else to think about: Trace [...]
Partial List of CMA Awards Nominees Announced Today; Coming Soon: Rounder Records & Trace Adkins Retrospectives
A portion of the final nominees for the CMA Awards were announced today, with plans to announce the rest tomorrow. Miranda Lambert and her songs got nominated two times in three different categories, Lady Antebellum received four nods, while Easton Corbin and the Zac Brown Band each pulled in three. Capitol Nashville plans to release [...]
Dierks Bentley’s Miles & Music For Kids; Jack Ingram Refocuses; The SteelDrivers Schedule Second Release
Dierks Bentley is heading to Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth on Sunday for his Miles & Music for Kids concert. Brandon Rhyder, Kristen Kelly & The Modern Day Drifters, and Roger Creager will be there, and even though Jack Ingram, Stoney LaRue, and Eli Young Band aren’t officially listed, DC9 at Night’s Daniel Hopkins [...]
Joe Galante’s Departure; Lyric Street Closing; Blake Shelton Lands Record Fish; Rodney Hayden & Friends Lineup
Sony Music Nashville head honcho Joe Galante — the man responsible for launching/guiding the careers of acts like Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, Chris Young, Carrie Underwood, and many more — announced his plans to leave the company after a nearly 40-year career. Galante is expected to assist his replacement, Gary Overton, transition into his CEO [...]
To celebrate 50 years of making music, Kenny Rogers will be the honoree of a star-studded TV special. The event will be filmed on April 10 and already has commitments from Dolly Parton, Alison Krauss, Lionel Richie, and Wynonna Judd. The folks over at Lost Highway Music are streaming the title track to Johnny Cash‘s [...]
Charlie Daniels Suffered Mild Stroke While Snowmobiling; Halfway To Hazard Cancels Concerts; Alan Jackson’s Beard
Charlie Daniels suffered a mild stroke while snowmobiling in Colorado last Friday. Fortunately, he’s reported to be doing well and will not have to cancel any concert dates. Meanwhile, Halfway to Hazard postponed all concerts and appearances indefinitely while one-half of the duo, David Tolliver, deals with personal issues. New releases for the week of [...]
Tim McGraw is set to co-star with Sandra Bullock in the upcoming movie The Blind Side, which is based on Michael Lewis’ best-selling book, The Blind Side: Evolution of the Game, and inspired by the true story of Michael Oher, a homeless African-American teenager who is befriended by a wealthy family. For you Californians, That [...]
John Rich is being sued by former Nashville Star contestant Jared Ashley and the affidavits, police reports, complaints are online along with videos and voicemail messages. The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper and Los Angeles Times‘ Randy Lewis wrote obituaries for the singer, songwriter and guitarist Duane Jarvis, who passed away Wednesday morning in his Los Angeles [...]
The CMA Board of Directors approved changes to redefine the procedures and categories for inclusion into the Country Music Hall of Fame, starting with the 2010 ballots. The new “Veterans Era” category will be for professionals who have been in the industry for more than 25 45 years and combines the former “Career Achieved National [...]
Taylor Swift explains her love for Grey’s Anatomy in her latest MySpace blog post, and announces that Fearless will be released with 13 songs. MySpace, in conjunction with the four major labels, launched their new music service today. It allows you to access and listen to a large portion of major artists’ catalogs for free. [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...