George Jones, Charlie Louvin, & Ralph Stanley Hospitalized In the Past Week; Year End Lists; RIP Gary Claxton
Here’s a briefer for the past couple of weeks: Shania Twain got married. So did Kellie Pickler. The Grascals’ Terry Eldredge got engaged. LeAnn Rimes got new boobs and engaged. The Shania and LeAnn stories seem to be the biggest, and of course there are other stories and links that were missed during my hiatus, [...]
Earl Scruggs has been hospitalized. Not many details are known, but you can follow The Bluegrass Blog for updates. The new, Vegas-themed video for Rascal Flatts‘ “Why Wait” features more than a few celebrity cameos. Watch at CMT. The Austin Chronicle‘s Jim Caligiuri on the new Randy Rogers Band album Burning the Day: [Paul] Worley [...]
The sprightly, spunky opening chords of Miss Leslie’s album Wrong is What I Do Best signal a new burst of energy from the Lone Star State singer, manifested throughout with song after song of Texas two-steps, undulating waltzes and old-school kiss-offs. Miss Leslie, born Leslie Anne Sloan, boasts a clear, crisp voice that cuts straight [...]
Gwyneth Paltrow to Release Country Single; Josh Turner Expecting Child No. 3; Carrie Underwood’s 13 No. 1s
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow plans to release a new single titled “Country Strong” to radio come late August. The single, featuring background vocals from Vince Gill and Patty Griffin, is being released in conjunction with her new movie of the same name in which she plays a washed-up country singer. The film itself, starring Tim McGraw [...]
Billy Joe Shaver is recovering from minor heart surgery and is expected to resume performing in August. Even with pancreatic cancer Charlie Louvin maintains his optimism and seems as vital as ever. Funny or Die, the comedy website co-founded by Will Ferrell, posted a new video featuring Jewel in disguise performing at a karaoke bar. [...]
CMT Music Award Nominees Revealed; Elizabeth Cook & Jim Lauderdale Among New Releases; John Rich’s Free Download
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2010 CMT Music Award nominees. New releases for the week of May 11, 2010 include: Elizabeth Cook – Welder Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jim Lauderdale – Patchwork River Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jonathan Singleton & The Grove – Jonathan Singleton & The Grove Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris [...]
The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars’; Stream Hank III’s New Album
The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott. Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons. And then, in his review of [...]
Flooding Leads to Canceled Shows; Paul English May Have Suffered Stroke; Cody Canada Concussed by Flying Liquor Bottle
In light of current Nashville flooding, here’s a suitable haiku from Country Haiku: How high’s the water? Five feet high and rising … wait Six … seven … oh, crap Consider making a donation to Red Cross to help victims of the flood. Dierks Bentley and Alison Krauss had to cancel concerts due to the [...]
New releases for the week of April 20, 2010 include: Bob Cheevers – Tall Texas Tales Amazon | MySpace Colt Ford – Chicken & Biscuits Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Dailey & Vincent – Singing From the Heart Amazon | iTunes | MySpace David Ball – Sparkle City Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Donna Ulisse [...]
Johnny Gimble Remebers “Orange Blossom Special;” New Releases; Trace Adkins’ Bus Involved in Fatal Accident
Legendary fiddler Johnny Gimble humorously remembers an event that most people wouldn’t think of as funny: Even after suffering a massive stroke in 1999, Gimble found some humor in the situation. “When the doctors showed me an X-ray of my brain, they pointed to a black hole on the upper left side and told me [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...