Jamey Johnson Celebrates Gold; Forthcoming Country Music Book Releases; Miranda Moves Billy Bob’s Crowd
Jamey Johnson celebrated the success of The Guitar Song, which was certified Gold, on Friday. The Star-Telegram’s Preston Jones ranks Miranda Lambert‘s performance of “The House That Built Me” at Billy Bob’s Texas on Friday night as one of the most moving concert moments he’s experienced. As she spoke about growing up in small-town Texas, [...]
Miranda Lambert joined the company of Pat Green and Willie Nelson as the only artists to ever sellout back-to-back nights at Billy Bob’s Texas — another sign in a long list that illustrates her arrival. The scary part, says DFW’s Preston Jones, is she’s just getting warmed up. Dallas Observer’s Dave Herrera echoes those sentiments. [...]
Lady Antebellum Leads Grammy Winners; Brandon Rhyder Covers Don Williams; The Infamous Stringdusters Live Session
With five wins, Lady Antebellum came out on top at last night’s Grammys. Other winners in the countryish categories included: Diamond Rio (southern, country or bluegrass gospel album), Patty Griffin (traditional gospel album), Patty Loveless (bluegrass album), Keith Urban (best male country vocal performance), Zac Brown Band/Alan Jackson (country collaboration with vocals), Marty Stuart (country [...]
Yesterday on the blog, Juli pulled together a Friday Five centered around Valentine’s Day songs. And while the artists included ranged from Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard to the Old 97′s, all had their own take on the official (commercially, at least) day of love. 2010 was a good year for country music love stories, [...]
CMA Fest Announces Performers; Shaver & Nelson Release “Wacko From Waco” Duet; Gretchen Wilson’s Favorite Grammy Winners
The first round of announced performers for the CMA Music Festival includes Trace Adkins, Jason Aldean, The Band Perry, Sheryl Crow, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, Reba, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban. “On the Banks of the Ohio” illustrated. (via Fresh Signals) Northwest native Rachel Harrington plans to release her [...]
Del McCoury Band Teams Up with Preservation Hall Jazz Band; Pickup Lines In Country Music; Ralph Stanley Video Liner
The Del McCoury Band is teaming up with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band for a new album and tour. (via @jonweisberger) NashvilleGab highlighted a comment made by entertainment reporter Jimmy Carter about all of Miranda Lambert‘s nominations: Entertainment reporter, Jimmy Carter tells WKKT that an inside source told him that Miranda Lambert got 7 noms [...]
ACM Award nominees were announced. Miranda Lambert leads all other artists with seven nominations. She’s followed by Zac Brown Band and Kenny Chesney, who scored five each, and The Band Perry and Taylor Swift, with four apiece. Country music is in trouble. New releases for the week of February 1, 2011 include: The Civil Wars [...]
Jamey Johnson Dominates ‘Nashville Scene’ Critics Poll; ACM Plans Tribute to Women of Country; Todd Snider on Bob Dylan
Jamey Johnson eats critics polls for breakfast. At least that’s the logical conclusion from the just-published critics poll in Nashville Scene, where Johnson received nearly twice as many votes as the runner-up. After looking at the results himself, Geoffrey Himes took the time to write a more reasoned conclusion. Check it out, it’s well worth [...]
The Peasall Sisters are parting ways. The Recording Academy’s first round of confirmed performers for the Grammy Awards includes Miranda Lambert. For this week’s Nashville Skyline, Chet Flippo reviewed the new Rodney Crowell memoir, Chinaberry Sidewalks. Kelly Dearmore published a brief Q&A with Jack Ingram. Dale Watson on his penchant for drinking songs: “I only [...]
“For the first time in my career I really feel like I have some real momentum going here,” Blake Shelton told me during an interview a couple of years back. “I’ve never had that. I’ve always been the guy that’s making a comeback every time.” What he meant was that at that time radio didn’t [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...