How time flies! It’s already 5 days into the New Year, but that won’t stop us from letting you know what we thought were the best albums of 2010. We all wondered whether Jamey Johnson could follow up on a potentially career-defining album and how Dierks Bentley’s ‘bluegrass’ project would pan out–sales-wise and from a […]
New releases for the week of August 10, 2010 include: Blake Shelton – All About Tonight Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Charlie Daniels – The Land That I Love Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jerry Castle – Don’t Even Ask iTunes | MySpace Zac Brown Band‘s next album, You Get What You Give, isn’t set […]
Billy Joe Shaver is recovering from minor heart surgery and is expected to resume performing in August. Even with pancreatic cancer Charlie Louvin maintains his optimism and seems as vital as ever. Funny or Die, the comedy website co-founded by Will Ferrell, posted a new video featuring Jewel in disguise performing at a karaoke bar. […]
It feels like ages since the release of Mike Stinson’s last record in 2005, but his latest, The Jukebox In Your Heart, has finally arrived. These new songs positively sparkle and, in Jesse Dayton, Stinson seems to have found his most sympathetic production ally to date. His singular voice, sounding like the distillation of a […]
Flooding Leads to Canceled Shows; Paul English May Have Suffered Stroke; Cody Canada Concussed by Flying Liquor Bottle
In light of current Nashville flooding, here’s a suitable haiku from Country Haiku: How high’s the water? Five feet high and rising … wait Six … seven … oh, crap Consider making a donation to Red Cross to help victims of the flood. Dierks Bentley and Alison Krauss had to cancel concerts due to the […]
Revolution at the Ryman: Miranda Lambert plans to play all the new tracks from her upcoming album, Revolution, in sequence at the Ryman Auditorium just five days before its Sept. 29 release. The second annual ACM Honors, a ceremony honoring the off-camera category winners of the Academy of Country Music Awards, will be hosted by […]
Merle Haggard canceled the remaining five dates of his current tour because of head and neck pain. Groover’s Paradise recommended “Foggy Mountain Top” from Carlene Carter and provided audio for her version and The Carter Family version for comparison. In a case of the rich getting richer, Los Angeles’ honky-tonk king Mike Stinson left California […]
When Merle Haggard plays at Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace tonight and tomorrow, it’ll be his first performances since undergoing surgery for lung cancer. He says it’ll also be the first time in his life in which he hasn’t loosened up with tobacco or marijuana. We’re only two days into the new year and Los Angeles […]
At 81 Charlie Louvin isn’t slowing down; he has two albums slated for later this year. The first, Steps to Heaven, will be new versions of traditional gospel songs along with two tracks from the duo he started with his brother. The second, Charlie Louvin Sings Murder Ballads & Disaster Songs, is self-explanatory. Amber Waves […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …