Love and Theft Drops to Duo Status; Billboard Adds Social 50 Chart; Edgar Loudermilk Releases Duet with Rhonda Vincent
From three to two, Love and Theft loses a member. Trace Adkins on John Rich‘s Celebrity Apprentice appearance: “After that first season, they came to me and said, ‘Who in country music should we go after?’ He was the first name that I told ‘em. I said, ‘You gotta get John Rich.’ He’s like a […]
During tonight’s ASCAP Country Music Awards Alan Jackson will be recognized with the organization’s Founder’s Award. In an interview with The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts, Jackson talked about the honor, his oldest daughter leaving for college, and future plans: “He still wants to make a classic bluegrass record, is contemplating another gospel recording and thinks he […]
Don Henley did it after the Eagles. John Fogerty managed it after Creedence Clearwater Revival. Paul McCartney pulled it off twice after the Beatles and Wings. Now, Jessica Harp is hoping for that elusive second-act success. For Jessica Harp, this next chapter in her career comes after a wildly successful debut album, a project released […]
At a Nashville press conference today, Garth Brooks announced that he’s coming out of retirement with an extended engagement at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas. Taylor Swift scored Saturday Night Live hosting duties for Nov. 7. Singer-songwriter Drew Kennedy, one-half of The 9513 sponsored New American Voices tour, debuted his newest album last night. […]
BluegrassJournal.com posted a list of the winners from last night’s IBMA Awards where Dailey & Vincent, Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Dan Tyminski, and Dale Ann Bradley were among the big award winners. And Peter Cooper has a recap of the awards show and performances. And The Bluegrass Blog has pictures. And…I got nothin’ else. This […]
After seven years of marriage, LeAnn Rimes announced on her website that she and husband Dean Sheremet will divorce. After much thoughtful mutual consideration, Deane and I have agreed to move forward with dissolving our marriage. This decision was amicable and we remain committed and caring friends with great admiration for one another. Thank you […]
The life of Hank Williams first went to the big screen in 1964 with Your Cheatin’ Heart, but Nashville-based 821 Entertainment Group and Strike Entertainment have teamed up to create a new feature film. Strike Entertainment partner Marc Abraham will write the script using Colin Escott’s book Hank Williams: The Biography as a resource. Escott […]
We’ve got to go all the way back to the very end of May to find a female artist at the top of The 9513 charts, and that was Jennifer Nettles as one-half of Sugarland. This week, we’ve got three of them at #1, courtesy of the Dixie Chicks. Unlike some of the artists who […]
Michelle Branch’s first country single as a solo artist—after splitting with former BFF and The Wreckers cohort Jessica Harp—finds her doing her best impression of Michelle Branch. There is little doubt in the mind of this observer that Branch’s conversion to country music is a commercially driven and carefully calculated occurrence, and “Sooner or Later” […]
Gretchen Wilson and Sony Music Nashville have parted ways. Mel McDaniel, who suffered a heart attack in June, was released from the hospital and moved to a rehabilitation center. Kix Brooks, David Lee Murphy, Bob DiPiero and Leslie Satcher will be part of an acoustic songwriters’ night on Aug. 5 at Douglas Corner in Nashville. […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …