Just because everything is bigger in Texas doesn’t mean that today’s Friday Five will be a Friday Six. Rules are rules. This edition of the Friday Five, however, will have a uniquely Lone Star State type of feel–five songs that deal with Texas towns. Josh Abbott Band’s brand new single, “She’s Like Texas” got my […]
Juli Thanki The Quintessential Hank Thompson 1948-1979 by Hank Thompson New releases from George Strait and Reba McEntire received the lion’s share of attention this cycle, which means a couple excellent albums slipped under the radar. Gene Watson returned with A Taste of the Truth, which, in my opinion, is one of the best albums […]
Johnny Richard Duncan was born in Dublin, TX to a very musical family. His mom played rhythm guitar in his uncle’s country band and many of his cousins went on to have fine careers in the music industry, including noted songwriter Troy Seals (“Rattle the Windows,” “Don’t Take It Away,” “Two Old Cats Like Us” […]
EW.com follows up today with their top 25 Best Love Songs Ever. Johnny Cash makes an appearance on the list at number twelve with “Ring of Fire” and Dolly Parton gets a nod, but ultimately the recognition goes to Whitney Houston for “I Will Always Love You”. Does anyone else feel like country might have […]
When word started to get around that Little Texas was reuniting to release its first album of new material since 1997, I was skeptical, to say the least. Although the band’s “new” lineup features four of the six original members, Tim Rushlow (currently of Rushlow Harris), and Brady Seals (Hot Apple Pie), who handled most […]
To kick things off, Rodney Hayden put on a great show at Midnight Rodeo here in Austin on Friday night. Those in attendance were treated to multiple Cash and Haggard covers along with one apiece from Waylon Jennings and Billy Joe Shaver. Hayden performed pieces from his recently released Down the Road and pulled others […]
Remember Chris LeDoux’s band, Western Underground? They’re still touring. At first they were going to do kind of a goodbye/tribute tour, but found out that the fans weren’t ready for them to go anywhere yet. Mark Cowling wrote an article about the band in which the members talk about how they got started with LeDoux […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …