The video for Kenny Chesney‘s song “Out Last Night” debuted on MySpace today. Proceed with caution, you’ll never get the next three minutes and 16 seconds of your life back. Farce the Music sold out to make a serious recommendation for Do Wrong Right by The Devil Makes Three (MySpace). That’s the second strong endorsement […]
Songwriters: Dean Dillon, Hank Cochran, and Keith Whitley. Mark Chesnutt’s new single is an anachronism of the highest order. Penned by Keith Whitley and famed songwriters Hank Cochran and Dean Dillon in the late ’80s, Whitley’s recording of the song has never been officially released. This is the first time most people will hear it, […]
Buddy Harman, dubbed the father of modern country drumming by Eddie Stubbs, passed away yesterday evening at the age of 79 from congestive heart failure. A native Nashvillian born Murrey Mizell Harman Jr., Mr. Harman played drums on more than 18,000 recordings, including Roy Orbison’s “Pretty Woman,” Patsy Cline’s “Crazy,” Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire,” […]
Keith Whitley uber fan Bonnie Hill is on a mission to get the late singer recognized alongside all the legends already inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Her online petition has amassed nearly 2,000 signatures, including those of Ralph Stanley, J.D. Crowe and Alan Frizzell. Hill knows her petition alone won’t get Whitely […]
Let us know what you think about Black Crowes suing Gretchen Wilson over the song she sang for a “Saving Grace” commercial. Do they have a case? (Thanks to Paula for the link) Congrats to the fine folks over at Country Universe for passing one million views since moving their blog to WordPress two years […]
Lee Ann Womack kicked off the Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony last Thursday with a note-perfect rendition of Loretta Lynn‘s “You Ain’t Woman Enough,” and Blake Shelton performed a countrier-than-the-original version of Albert Hammond‘s “To All The Girls I’ve Loved Before,” but Jim Allen says nothing compared to Lynn’s performance of her own “Coal […]
What artist is switching to country music? Snoop Dogg apparently has an Everlast country song on his new album, Jessica Simpson is from Texas and therefore undeniably country, and Bon Jovi and the Eagles tried on a pair of country music boots last year–so tell me, which artists aren’t switching to country music? – Brody […]
Collaboration between established artists has created some interesting and successful pairings throughout country music’s lifetime. Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty, Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons, Alan Jackson and George Strait, and with the advent of technology, Alison Krauss & Keith Whitley, and Hank Williams and Bocephus. Last year, Raising Sand, […]
Sleeveface.com is a website gaining in popularity, and deservedly so as the illusions created can be quite entertaining. The term sleeveface is defined as “one or more persons obscuring or augmenting any part of their body or bodies with record sleeve(s) causing an illusion.” Basically a person holds a sleeve of a vinyl disc featuring […]
CMT sheds some light on who Elizabeth Cook is as a person, where she draws inspiration for her songs, and her unwavering artistic standards. Want to know where the authenticity in her music comes from? “Some people’s parents aren’t around or some people’s parents aren’t involved, and that affects them and who they’ve become,” she […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …