Being the gracious guy that he is, Kenny Chesney wanted to give something extra to the fans with his upcoming release, Hemingway’s Whiskey. That something extra will take the form of two bonus tracks and a 30-minute DVD that includes video of an in-depth conversation with Chesney about each of the songs on a Deluxe [...]
Cross Canadian Ragweed is going on an indefinite hiatus. Willie Nelson on mainstream country music: In my opinion, it’s a little watered down now. The mainstream country music that I hear–to me, it’s not really country, and it’s not really anything. So it may be pleasing to the ear, and that’s great, but as far [...]
Kate & Kacey Coppola are no longer with Big Machine Records, but the sisters aren’t letting their departure slow them them down, in fact, it was label slowing them down. It happened a little while back, and it’s one of the hardest things we’ve ever gone through. They weren’t wanting to put out new music [...]
Bonnaroo certainly could have done worse with its lineup, here’s a selection of the more country-leaning acts: John Fogerty, Zac Brown Band, John Prine, Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers, Jamey Johnson, Kris Kristofferson, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Miranda Lambert, Cross Canadian Ragweed, and Carolina Chocolate Drops. Nathan Rabin summarizes Kris Kristofferson‘s inexcusably [...]
A lifetime spent listening to music has taught me a lot about Saturday night. It is, for example, all right for fighting or going to the movies, not to mention a good night to simultaneously keep dancing to the rock and roll and work on one’s spelling, and those are just the pop songs. Nobody [...]
Last.fm Top Artists For the first time this month, Brad Paisley made it up to #1 with 32 listeners, three more than the #2 artists – George Strait and Miranda Lambert – could manage. Lee Ann Womack (27) and the collective of Alan Jackson, Carrie Underwood and Martina McBride (all with 26) round out the [...]
The 2010 George Strait tour with Reba McEntire just got a little more can’t-miss with the addition of Lee Ann Womack. Sugar Hill Records compiled a list of its top 50 must-have tracks from the past three decades and made them available for download through iTunes for a mere $19.99. The list includes stalwarts like [...]
Last.fm Top Artists Apparently this group isn’t as crazy for Carrie as you’d think. Despite a brand new album, the best Carrie Underwood could manage was #4 with 25 listeners, behind Johnny Cash (28), Miranda Lambert (27) and Garth Brooks (26). That’s a dead guy, a slightly un-retired guy and a non-radio sweetheart whose new [...]
What did Beyonce think after Kenya interrupted the awards? She figured the country’s government must still be bitter that Taylor Swift is only bringing her tour to the West coast of Africa. — Karlie What subgenre is Taylor Swift? Moody electropunk jazzbilly thrash metal with operatic overtones. Or just pop-country. — CMW When will I [...]
With the halcyon days of multi-platinum records and even diamond records (for 10 million copies of an album sold), the music industry has run into economic struggles. Sales of CDs are down, music piracy is continuing to take its toll, and the industry’s seemingly reluctant embrace of digital music hasn’t done much to stop the [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...