Songwriters: Rory Lee Feek, Tim Johnson, Joey Martin Feek “We are 100% ourselves here,” says Rory Feek – one half of the husband/wife country music duo Joey + Rory – about their sophomore project on Sugar Hill Records, Album Number Two. So far, first single “This Song’s For You” fell short of communicating this Tennessee […]
Maintaining passion–and a perspective–for what you believe to be important in life seems to be a common theme for the husband and wife duo, Joey + Rory. Certainly the dynamics of a marriage create the boundaries for a passionate and loving relationship–and certainly that is the foundation from which the music is born. But in […]
Justin Townes Earle Arrested; Matthew McConaughey to Direct Jamey Johnson Video; Video Tribute to Bob Wills
Justin Townes Earle took a little detour after last week’s show in Indianapolis: (via Saving Country Music) [...] there was a misunderstanding at the venue wherein the proprietor decided to dock the band some of their money, and when Earle went to discuss the matter with him, he didn’t take it too kindly. A fracas […]
Joey Martin and Rory Lee Feek are nothing if not straightforward. Their upcoming sophomore album is titled Album Number 2, and their leadoff single–which is available as a free download on their website–is called “This Song’s for You.” Who’s the “you” that Joey + Rory (joined on the bridge by tour mate Zac Brown, who […]
Record Store Day is this Saturday. It’s a little bit like Christmas for music geeks, as dozens of participating musicians are releasing exclusive records—and a CD or two as well—just for that day. (You can check out what’s going on at your local vinyl purveyor here: http://www.recordstoreday.com) Since most barroom jukeboxes no longer play 45s, […]
Gene Watson, Randy Travis, Pam Tillis, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Ray Price have all long been cast aside by country radio, but each of these incredible artists continued to produce great country music into the first decade of the 21st century…and each earned a place approaching the upper reaches of our countdown. Mixed in […]
Merle Haggard canceled the remaining five dates of his current tour because of head and neck pain. Groover’s Paradise recommended “Foggy Mountain Top” from Carlene Carter and provided audio for her version and The Carter Family version for comparison. In a case of the rich getting richer, Los Angeles’ honky-tonk king Mike Stinson left California […]
Songwriters: Rory Feek, Joey Martin, Jamie Teachenor Joey + Rory take a different tack for the third single from their 2008 debut, The Life of a Song. Instead of another catchy, upbeat number like “Cheater Cheater” or “Play the Song”—neither of which really stormed the charts—the husband-and-wife duo have released a downtempo ballad, “To Say […]
Willie Nelson‘s stage manager of 34 years, Randall “Poodie” Locke, passed away at his home yesterday from a heart attack. He was 56. Michael Corcoran explains how he got the name Poodie: As his mother Gloria “Momma” Locke loved to say, Poodie won the Most Beautiful Baby contest in Waco when he was just a […]
Dwight Yoakam told The Sacramento Bee correspondent Mel Shields that he’ll be recording a new album this summer. “I’m about to do a new album this summer, but I’m not sure where or on what level,” he explained. “I’ll do what makes the most sense and makes the music accessible to the most people. “There’s […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …