Why is country music the best? Country music is more diverse than any other genre. It embraces a lot of styles and sounds and Country artists are influenced by all those different styles. And…Country music fans have the biggest boobs. – Blake Shelton In what city is there a street named George Jones Place? I [...]
Garth Brooks Sells Out Nine Shows; CMA Entertainer Category Causes Confusion; Stream New Bruce Robison/Kelly Willis Song
When tickets for Garth Brooks flood benefit concert went on sale Saturday, they went quick. So quick, in fact, that show after show was added until virtually nine shows were sold out in three hours, raising more than $3.5 million. The presence of Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, and Zac Brown Band in the CMA Awards [...]
Songwriters: Earl Bud Lee and John Wiggins Who is Blake Shelton when he’s not tweeting? Judging from his latest single “Who Are You When I’m Not Looking,” a pleasantly meandering right-before-love song plucked from his second Six-Pak, he’s a purveyor of subdued, thoughtful country songs that demonstrate an appreciation for stripping things down. And while [...]
Shawn Camp Release to Lead to ‘Lost Tapes’ Series? Yes, Please; CMT Premieres Eight Videos; Bleakest Songs in Country History
Warner Music Nashville president John Esposito has been getting a lot of credit for releasing Shawn Camp‘s sophomore album, 1994, 16 years after it was recorded, but the discovery also got him to thinking about what else might be buried. As it turns out, there could be a lot. AP entertainment writer Chris Talbott notes [...]
Kix Brooks Schedules New Tour; Turkey Hunting with James McMurtry; ‘Nashville Scene’ Covers Americana
Brooks & Dunn haven’t yet wrapped up their final tour together (their last gig is tonight), but that hasn’t stopped Kix Brooks from lining up tour dates for next year. It’ll be a different kind of tour though. Instead of performing, Brooks will take his nationally syndicated American Country Countdown to various radio affiliates across [...]
Hank Williams Catalog Doubled; Sunny Sweeney Sings For the Working Man; Behind the Scenes with Joey+Rory
In a recent video, Jett Williams introduced details of the forthcoming box set Hank Williams: The Complete Mother’s Best Recordings…Plus. The video is actually a preview of the DVD that’s included with the 15-CD collection, due out on Sept. 28. More details, song listings, and audio previews can be found on the collection’s dedicated website. [...]
Songwriters: Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson and Ben Hayslip In the opening seconds of Joe Nichols’ new single “The Shape I’m In,” a short, pensive harmonica riff cuts through the haze of a drunken morning coming down. The instrument, so often representative of that hopeful overlap found at the end of lonesome reflection and the start [...]
Peach Pickers In High Demand; Butch Hancock Closes Out ‘Iconic Years’ At Cactus Cafe; Bad ‘Carrie-Oke’
The trio of Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, and Ben Hayslip has quickly become a hot commodity in the country music songwriting realm. All three being from Georgia, they’ve embraced their newfound collective notoriety and dubbed themselves the Peach Pickers. The three friends scored their first hit as a songwriting trio in 2008 with Brooks & [...]
In case you hadn’t heard, Rascal Flatts signed with Scott Borchetta and Big Machine Records, the home of Taylor Swift. Farce the Music had a few things to say about the new Rascal Flatts album cover. People posted the audio for all six songs on Blake Shelton‘s upcoming “six pak,” All About Tonight. Among the [...]
Grand Ole Opry Expected to Reopen in Oct.; Alan Jackson Sells Estate; Preview New Songs from Ryan Bingham
The Grand Ole Opry is expected to reopen on October 1 after a $17 million renovation. Alan Jackson‘s 135-acre estate has sold for $28 million almost a year after he put it on the market. The original asking price was $38 million. On June 15, George Strait will re-issue George Strait Live on DVD, which [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...