How time flies! It’s already 5 days into the New Year, but that won’t stop us from letting you know what we thought were the best albums of 2010. We all wondered whether Jamey Johnson could follow up on a potentially career-defining album and how Dierks Bentley’s ‘bluegrass’ project would pan out–sales-wise and from a […]
Now that the holidays are over, we can concentrate on what comes next. We’re not talking about turkey leftovers or ensuring that Aunt Louise and Uncle Milton make it home safely back to Tampa. We’re talking about the mountains of receipts staring us in the face from all of the presents we bought and thought […]
2010 has been an excellent year for bluegrass music. Whether your taste in bluegrass is traditional, progressive, or somewhere in between, you probably ended the year with an extensive playlist of new favorites. Here are our favorite bluegrass albums of the past year. Stylistically, these records are all over the spectrum. There are the usual […]
Add Joe Diffie to the list of country stars who have released cookbooks in recent years. Carrie Rodriguez teamed up with Romantica’s Ben Kyle for a collection of six classic country songs and two originals. The project, titled We Still Love Our Country, is scheduled for a Feb. 1 release, but it can be ordered/downloaded […]
Bats, bears, Neanderthals, fugitives, survivors of nuclear war—everyone loves caves. 5. “Back to the Cave” – Joe Diffie “You want to go back to the cave?…You be Wilma and I’ll be Fred.” What gal could resist that smooth talk, especially if it comes with a side of brontosaurus ribs at the Bedrock Drive-In? 4. “The […]
This is the last Friday Five before Thanksgiving (well, not for you Canadians; you’ll just have to consider this list as very late or very early), so let’s talk about one of the day’s most important elements: food, more specifically potatoes. Enjoy a few songs about the carbolicious miracle tubers, and have a wonderful holiday. […]
Randy Travis Divorces; Asleep at the Wheel to Celebrate 40 Years; Broken Bow Records Signs Kristy Lee Cook
Randy Travis and his wife Elizabeth finalized their divorce last Friday. No details were given and the couple asks for privacy, but a statement did say Elizabeth will continue to be Randy’s personal manager. Bill Anderson turned 73-years-young today. Check out this video of Anderson and Roy Acuff performing “I Wonder If God Likes Country […]
A debut hit that was an ode to the old home place. A voice that could soar up high just as easily as it could dip down into honeyed Whitley-like tones. That one long, anguished note toward the end of “Ships That Don’t Come In.” If we didn’t know Joe Diffie had some bluegrass in […]
Video of Troy Gentry’s Bear Hunt Released; Dierks Bentley’s Four Nights In New York; Songwriting Documentary
Could the release of Troy Gentry‘s bear “hunt” video be the reason Montgomery Gentry and its label parted ways? Want to know who all those songs on the new Taylor Swift album are about without having to do the work? Chris Willman has you covered in his latest article about the hidden messages in Swift’s […]
CMT to ACA: Actually, We Were First; Joe Diffie’s Bluegrass Album Due Out Next Week; Gene Watson and Darrell Scott on NPR
CMT didn’t take too kindly to the American Country Awards‘ claim that it was “the first and only country music awards show where fans determine all the winners.” “While CMT congratulates this mysterious organization on its first awards show, we are amused by their self-proclaimed title as the first and only fan-voted award show. All […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …