As one-half of the famed rock-pop duo Hall & Oates, John Oates has sold millions of records, toured around the world, won numerous awards and is a member of the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame. Despite all the accolades, however, not many people are aware of his background and the music that inspired him to become [...]
At last night’s annual International Bluegrass Music Awards, Dailey & Vincent triumphed — again, maintaining their hold on the entertainer of the year and top vocal group categories for the third year in a row. The duo also notched wins for album of the year for their tribute project Dailey & Vincent Sing the Statler [...]
Photo courtesy of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum I was privileged to be on hand in August for all three of Buddy Miller’s Artist-in-Residence shows at the Country Music Hall of Fame’s Ford Theater, the first of which marked the theater’s reopening after its repair from damage in May’s Nashville flooding. These [...]
Nominees for the 21st annual International Bluegrass Music Awards were announced this morning and once again, Dailey & Vincent top the list with 10 nominations. Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out follow with six nods and right on their heels are Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Sam Bush, and The Grascals with five apiece. The full [...]
George Jones to Join Texas Country Music Hall of Fame; New Releases; Randy Houser Reveals More Tracks
George Jones, Al Dexter, and Ray Winkler are scheduled to be inducted into the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame this Saturday (Aug. 21) This year’s special guest performer will be Mel Tillis and the Statesiders. Also performing will be the Justin Trevino Band featuring Tony Booth, Georgette Jones, Frankie Miller, Darryl McCall, Mona McCall, [...]
Wynonna Judd, her daughter, and tour manager were involved in a “major head-on collision” on Wednesday. Fortunately, everyone turned out to be okay. On Aug. 20, the Country Music Hall of Fame will debut the new exhibit Tammy Wynette: First Lady Of Country Music, Presented By Great American Country Television Network. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox [...]
McGraw and Jackson Added to CMA Music Fest; Country’s Bad Rap; Industry Veteran Jim Halsey Releases New Book
Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, and Kellie Pickler are the latest entertainers added to the CMA Music Fest lineup. I missed the release of Chris King‘s new, six-song Bexar County EP in Tuesday’s new release list. (iTunes) Top Country Albums Even Country Haters Should Own CMT’s Craig Shelburne introduced the new black-and-white, acoustic video [...]
I don’t like monkeys. But this isn’t the Friday Therapy Hour, it’s the Friday Five, so check out these monkey songs. Honorable Mentions: “One Monkey” by Gillian Welch; “Monkey Let the Hogs Out” by Jerry Douglas; “One Less Monkey” by Lorrie Morgan; “Monkey Dance” by T-Bone Burnett; “Monkey on the Doghouse” by Th’ Legendary Shack*Shakers. [...]
Miranda Lambert’s best album, Vince Gill’s epic artistic endeavor and an Opry legend’s final turn in the spotlight all land on the third-to-last installment of our countdown of the decade’s top 100 country albums. 30. Revolution (2009) – Miranda Lambert The wunderkind sheds some of the more outrageous elements of her previous album–the violence, the [...]
Country Music Hall Includes Contemporary Artists; Carrie Underwood Variety Show Tonight; Do Grammys Get Bluegrass?
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum plans to update its main exhibit next May with a display dedicated to contemporary artists like Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, and Keith Urban along with another cased dedicated to Americana and contemporary bluegrass music. The Carrie Underwood hosted variety show “An All-Star Holiday Special” airs tonight. Trace [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...