I recently interviewed David Nail, who has recently posted his first-ever Top 30 single on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart with “Red Light.” As we wrapped up our chat, I asked if he was excited about the impending release of his debut album, I’m About to Come Alive, on Aug. 18. “I’ll just be excited […]
Sugarland co-founder Kristen Hall is suing former bandmates Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush for $1.5 million. Hall claims that she had an agreement with Nettles and Bush to share profits after she left the band but has not received her portion of Sugarland’s earnings. (more coverage on Law.com) Brady wrote a quick recap of an […]
A man claiming to be the illegitimate son of the late Eddy Arnold filed a petition last Wednesday to establish paternity. The man, Christopher Edward Tanner, says he will do what is necessary to “make things right,” even if that means exhuming Arnold’s body for DNA testing. Danny Davis, the man who pioneered the use […]
As remarkable as Eddy Arnold‘s country music career was, Chet Flippo says, “his lasting legacy will be that he made the world safe for country pop music.” Flippo also pulled a snippet from a CMT interview where Arnold recalled one of the first times he recognized the split between pop and hillbilly music. Peter Cooper […]
Chip Frazier feels that Hayes Carll is carrying the torch for the next generation of the Texas/Americana Troubadours. He has the same aspects of humor, songs, and storytelling that made his predecessors–guys like Guy Clark, Jerry Jeff Walker, Jimmy Dale Gilmore, Joe Ely and Ray Wilie Hubbard–great. Bill Friskics-Warren agrees that Hayes Carll conjures up […]
Subscribers of Texas Monthly will receive a copy adorned with a portrait of Willie Nelson on the cover and no text. The preview is pretty flippin’ sweet. Jewel is returning to Nashville Star to join John Rich as a judge and mentor to the contestants. On July 8 George Jones will release Burn Your Playhouse […]
Songwriters: Jennifer Hanson, Michael Heeney, and A.J. Masters I don’t know that I’ve ever heard a song that captures the essence of a divorce from the child’s point of view as well as the latest single, “’73,” from Jennifer Hanson. Hanson puts words to the quintessential question silently asked by children of divorced parents and […]
Anita Cochran. Bryan White. Mark Wills. These were a few of the names on the country music radar ten years ago. My, how times change. Each day this week I’ll be taking a look at the artists who are poised to vie for our attention in 2008; most of them will go the way of […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …