What did Beyonce think after Kenya interrupted the awards? She figured the country’s government must still be bitter that Taylor Swift is only bringing her tour to the West coast of Africa. — Karlie What subgenre is Taylor Swift? Moody electropunk jazzbilly thrash metal with operatic overtones. Or just pop-country. — CMW When will I [...]
Michael Martin Murphey signed a multi-album contract with Rural Rhythm Records during last week’s IBMA convention and will release his second set of bluegrass tunes, Buckaroo Blue Grass 2, next February. The first single is a remake of “Wildfire” as a duet with Carrie Hassler.
As always, just some songs I liked, one song per artist, not necessarily the biggest hit, (although I feel free to comment on other songs by the artist). “Forgive and Forget” – Eddie Rabbitt (1975) Prior to this, Eddie was known, if at all, as a songwriter. This record got to #12, but did better [...]
Country-pop singer Dan Seals passed away at the age of 61 after a battle with cancer. He turned to country music in the 1980s and had 11 number one singles that decade. Watch the video for one of his hits, “Everything That Glitters (Is Not Gold),” on YouTube. The Grande Ole Opry released Opry Country [...]
March is Women’s History Month. And what better way to celebrate than by turning our eyes to the women of country music? No shrinking violets here; these ladies have no qualms about saying what’s on their minds at the risk of backlash and blacklisting, and in doing so, they’ve cemented their place in country music [...]
Randy Lewis has a great interview with Merle Haggard over at the L.A. Times. Even more than his voluminous recordings, publishing royalties from his extensive trove of country songs assure him and his family financial stability for the rest of his life. “I make enough off my royalties that I could sit on my ass [...]
Welcome to your morning–er, late morning–edition of the Roundup, your bird’s eye view of the week in 9513 land. While you’re reliving all the fun we’ve had recently, why not listen to the first episode of our brand-spankin’ new Podcast, which features exclusive performances by Reckless Kelly and Jeremy McComb–you can stream or download it [...]
I want to tell you all a story about a Harper Valley widowed wife Who had a teenage daughter who attended Harper Valley Junior High Well, her daughter came home one afternoon and didn’t even stop to play She said mom I got a note here from the Harper Valley PTA – Tom T. Hall [...]
Checkout the brand spankin’ new video for Jamey Johnson‘s “In Color.” Sound off in the comments, does the video live up to the song? Kenny Chesney isn’t a big fan of the new fan-voted Entertainer of the Year award, however he still remains respectful of the fans. “The entertainer of the year award is the [...]
CMA board member Kix Brooks believes the annual CMA Music Festival needs to start paying artists to play at the event, instead of asking them to perform for free year after year. “It’s not in immediate danger, but we need to do some housekeeping,” he said. “I was pleading today with civic leaders to get [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...