We have three copies of Bootleg, Volume 2: From Memphis to Hollywood to give away. To enter, just leave a comment letting us know who’s vault you’d like to see the record labels mine (and what you hope they would find)? You must use a valid email address when you enter so that we can [...]
In 1951, Hank Williams and his band, The Drifting Cowboys, recorded a series of radio shows sponsored by Mother’s Best Flour. Recorded on fragile acetates, 72 of those shows have survived, and have now been cleaned up and swankily packaged as The Complete Mother’s Best Recordings…Plus! for your listening pleasure. Each 15-minute show, which was [...]
Loaded: The Best of Blake Shelton Tracklist Austin Ol’ Red The Baby Playboys Of The Southwestern World Some Beach Goodbye Time Nobody But Me Don’t Make Me The More I Drink Home She Wouldn’t Be Gone Hillbilly Bone Kiss My Country Ass All About Tonight Who Are You When I’m Not Looking Entering the Giveaway [...]
It seems like only a short while ago that people were buzzin’ about a Blake Shelton release, but that was the plan as All About Tonight, the second in a series of experimental “Six Paks,” is due to be released in a week’s time on August 10th. The short set includes a duet with Miranda [...]
Sweet Home Alabama – The Country Music Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd features rising talents like Jamey Johnson, Eric Church, Randy Houser, and Ashley Ray offering their takes on Lynyrd Skynyrd’s (pronounced ‘leh-’nérd’skin-’nérd) songs. It’s the first country music tribute to the famed southern rock group in over 15 years and will be released exclusively at [...]
Jerrod Niemann’s current single, a rock cover he re-titled “Lover, Lover,” is climbing the charts and currently resides in Billboard’s Top 10. Considering his most notable accomplishments to date include co-writing three singles for Garth Brooks, particularly the tribute to Chris LeDoux “Good Ride Cowboy,” it’s no surprise that 10 of the 12 tracks on [...]
She lives by her motto “go big or go home” and with Dollywood, Dolly Parton has done both. “I always said if I ever got successful at what I wanted to do that I wanted to come back home and do something very special for my people,” says Dolly Parton. Celebrating the silver anniversary of [...]
Emerging on Compass Records after the closing of Pinecastle Records earlier this year, Chicago-based, veteran bluegrass group Special Consensus has released their 10th album, a 35th anniversary celebration simply titled 35. Led by Greg Cahill (banjo and vocals) and joined by Rick Faris (mandolin and vocals), David Thomas (bass and vocals) and Ryan Roberts (guitar [...]
Dierks Bentley went back to his bluegrass roots and called on some of the genre’s most respected artists for a little help on his latest album, Up On the Ridge. Those vaunted collaborators include the likes of Del McCoury, Alison Krauss, the Punch Brothers, Tim O’Brien, and Sam Bush, not to mention Miranda Lambert, Jamey [...]
Thanks to our friends at Sony Music Entertainment, we have a great prize pack from Court Yard Hounds to give away to one lucky reader. The winner will receive an autographed deluxe edition (CD + DVD) of the duo’s self-titled debut album as well as a singed poster. Find more details about entering and winning [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...