Blake Shelton Has Third Consecutive No. 1; Dwight Yoakam: Better Actor Than Guitarist; 5-Year-Old Sings Caitlin Rose
For the first time in his career, Blake Shelton hit No. 1 three consecutive times. The latest single to top the charts, and Shelton’s eighth overall, is “Who Are You When I’m Not Looking.” Studies show that Nashville is a major force in popular music… Jewly Hight on the track “Chances Are,” from Hayes Carll‘s [...]
Songwriters: Jacob Lyda and Paul Overstreet For all the emphasis put on the importance of storytelling in country music, it’s easy to forget that the intangible, indescribable vibe of a song can take hold of a listener just as strongly as any heartfelt lines of hillbilly poetry. Powerful lyrics can make us think, remember and [...]
John Rich Makes ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Cast; The Steel Wheels Ask Fans For Help; Eric Brace/Peter Cooper Produce Tom T. Hall Tribute
It’s official: John Rich will be on the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice. Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran on Friday night’s George Strait/Reba McEntire/Lee Ann Womack show, which set a record for the Erwin Center: Though this seemed like a double headlined show on paper, Strait and his aptly named Ace In the Hole Band, [...]
The Bellamy Brothers Raise Questions Over Britney Spears Single; George Strait/Reba McEntire Lead Country Tours in 2010
Britney Spears‘ new single was released Monday, which wouldn’t ordinarily be news here, but The Bellamy Brothers are taking issue with some of the songs lyrics, specifically the line “If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?” It’s eerily close to the Brothers’ 1979 classic “If I Said You [...]
“For the first time in my career I really feel like I have some real momentum going here,” Blake Shelton told me during an interview a couple of years back. “I’ve never had that. I’ve always been the guy that’s making a comeback every time.” What he meant was that at that time radio didn’t [...]
There is country radio, and then there is Country Radio. When I first began covering the business a decade ago, I was at first annoyed to see the way that radio insiders insisted on referring to their milieu as “Country Radio” in every casual mention (see here)—but I eventually became grateful for the useful distinction. [...]
Why is country music the best? Country music is more diverse than any other genre. It embraces a lot of styles and sounds and Country artists are influenced by all those different styles. And…Country music fans have the biggest boobs. – Blake Shelton In what city is there a street named George Jones Place? I [...]
Mini Me Records has a certain ring to it, no? With a recent spat of talented sound-alikes (and a less-than-impressive performance at the recent 2010 CMA Awards), George Strait would be remiss not to at least register the website domain. Like Easton Corbin before him, newcomer Jon Wolfe would make an obvious addition to the [...]
Garth Brooks Sells Out Nine Shows; CMA Entertainer Category Causes Confusion; Stream New Bruce Robison/Kelly Willis Song
When tickets for Garth Brooks flood benefit concert went on sale Saturday, they went quick. So quick, in fact, that show after show was added until virtually nine shows were sold out in three hours, raising more than $3.5 million. The presence of Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, and Zac Brown Band in the CMA Awards [...]
Tracy Lawrence is at work on a new album that addresses hard times, so it’s only logical that it’s tentatively titled Hard Times. In an interview with The Daily Times’ Steve Wildsmith, Lawrence says the bulk of the album is the traditional fare he’s known for, but he had to make some concessions to get [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...