Songwriters: Arlis Albritton, George Ducas, Josh Thompson Music City could be described as a cast-iron songwriting-community-pot bubbling over with those who have paid their dues and some. Major label cuts come to few of those songwriters, singles come to fewer, and hits are those rarest of fruits that hang high, frustratingly just out of reach [...]
Craig Shelburne recapped Buddy Miller‘s artist-in-residence gig at the Country Music Hall of Fame on Tuesday, which featured special guests Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, and the McCrary Sisters. With the song’s composer sitting in the front row, just a few steps away, Miller nervously introduced Tom T. Hall’s “That’s How I Got to Memphis.” [...]
Hall Honorees Comment On Induction; Josh Thompson’s Polarizing Reception; Sarah Buxton Performs New Album Acoustically
The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper provided brief background info for each of the four new Country Hall of Fame inductees along with quotes from all but Don Williams, who chose not to be interviewed. Brad Paisley hurled a couple of good-natured jabs at the audience during a recent concert: During the testosterone-fest, ‘I’m Still a Guy,’ [...]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson [...]
Every record label in Nashville has the difficult balancing act of supporting its stars while simultaneously growing its newer talent. Pay too much attention to your stars, and the new singers can’t gain a foothold on country radio. Support the newcomers too much, and the stars may fall out of favor in a competitive market. [...]
Eighty-three year-old country singer Ferlin Husky is in the hospital and in critical condition with an accelerated heart rate and possible pneumonia. Caitlin & Will, the Carter Twins, Jypsi and Matt Stillwell will open for Alan Jackson at Aquapalooza, an all-day boating event in Alabama on July 25. Country California: A hobo appeared on stage [...]
With “I Told You So,” Carrie Underwood became the first country artist in history ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles on the strength of their first two albums. New releases for the week of May 12, 2009 include: Alecia Nugent – Hillbilly Goddess Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Amazing Rhythm Aces – Very Best [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...