Most Played Single of the Decade Belongs to Tim McGraw; Johnny Cash’s ‘American VI’ Rumored For February
I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday break and didn’t miss us too much. Although Christmas is over, lists are not (as you’ll notice in the news), and neither is our Big Christmas Giveaway, so be sure to enter before the new year if you’d like to be one of the 25 lucky winners. The most […]
Thankfulness in country music can often be sarcastic, as in “Thanks A Lot,” or humorous, like “Thank God and Greyhound.” But with this month’s playlist we’re going to be serious, and check out some songs on which artists count their various blessings. 20. “Thank God For The Road” – The Flatlanders “When you’re trying to […]
The New York Times‘ Charles McGrath interviewed Ralph Stanley before a recent concert: There are a lot of good bluegrass players these days, Mr. Martin among them, but Mr. Stanley said he didn’t listen to them much. He prefers to listen to the Stanley Brothers. “I may be a little prejudiced, but I like my […]
Pat Green and BNA Records have parted ways. New releases for the week of September 22, 2009 include: Adam Steffey – One More for the Road Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Arty Hill and the Long Gone Daddys – Montgomery on My Mind: The Hank EP Amazon | iTunes | MySpace | MP3 Samples Diamond […]
Tracy Lawrence was hospitalized on Tuesday for a respiratory infection. He was diagnosed with early signs of pneumonia. The Star-Telegram‘s Preston Jones is not fond of the latest from George Strait: Whatever the case, too much of Twang feels like Strait, who produced the record with longtime collaborator Tony Brown, capitalizing on his present, increased […]
After 36 years of publication, Radio & Records is calling it quits. The current state of affairs has left The Nielsen Company with no other alternative but to immediately cease all services, products and events related to Radio & Records. The magazine’s final edition is the June 5 issue. Electronic products end today, the Web […]
The video for Kenny Chesney‘s song “Out Last Night” debuted on MySpace today. Proceed with caution, you’ll never get the next three minutes and 16 seconds of your life back. Farce the Music sold out to make a serious recommendation for Do Wrong Right by The Devil Makes Three (MySpace). That’s the second strong endorsement […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …