Did Miley someone insult Taylor Swift? Oh no she didn’t! No, really…she didn’t. — Jim What kind of writing style does George Strait use? The Dean Dillon style. — Sam Strait country delivered strait from the heart, strait to you. Puns are also encouraged. — CMW What is Jaron’s last name? Andthelongroadtolove. Most people assume [...]
This article will focus on some artists who either had a very short period of great success or had an extended run of near-success. In other words, I cannot justify an entire article on any of them. Deborah Allen was born in 1953 in Memphis, and probably has had greater success as a songwriter, having [...]
It took three months, 10 voters and 300 nominated albums, but we’ve finally made it to the top of the mountain. These are The 9513′s Top 10 Country Albums of the Decade. From stark tales of life in the coal mine to slick-and-polished pop country to an outlaw savior, these 10 diverse albums–put forth by [...]
The second installment of our countdown of the decade’s top 100 albums is a male-dominated affair, save for a Georgia peach with big old voice and a young Aussie Sheila with a love for traditional country. 90. Twice The Speed Of Life (2004) – Sugarland Twice The Speed Of Life may not be the most [...]
Garth Brooks talks business in Chet Flippo’s newest Nashville Skyline column: “I’m not a record label fan, but on this one, I have to stand up for the record labels and say that they can’t afford development anymore. Because if you think you can live on 99 cents a single, I can guarantee you one [...]
Trace Adkins is scheduled to perform the national anthem at this year’s ceremony honoring the passengers who died on United Airlines Flight 93 in Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. Best Buy has an exclusive EP from Miranda Lambert today that includes “Dead Flowers” and three bonus tracks from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend that were offered by different [...]
If there’s truth in the title of Chesney’s collaboration with collegiate favorite Dave Matthews, we’ll have to take his word for it: his performance here doesn’t have much of a pulse. Granted, that’s partially by design. The subdued style suits the song’s content, which is all about taking a quiet break from life’s mayhem to [...]
How ’bout those CMT Awards? Calvin Gilbert has a straightforward recap of the evening. Brad Paisley won three awards, Taylor Swift rapped with T-Pain (are they releasing a crunktry album together?) and won two of her own awards. During an acceptance speech she thanked CMT for allowing her to sing with her heroes, Def Leppard. [...]
Miranda Lambert, along with two other singers, is the new face of Cotton Inc.’s revived “The Touch, The Feel of Cotton” campaign, which was originally launched in 1989 and the melody of which was popularized by Richie Havens and Aaron Neville. The cotton website currently has a download of Lambert’s “The Fabric of Our Lives” [...]
Kenny Chesney talks to Katie Cook about using the Caribbean as an escape and the somber mood looming over his life after his divorce. The deluxe edition of Kenny Chesney‘s new album, Lucky Old Sun, is scheduled to be released tomorrow and by co-producer Buddy Cannon’s account, it’s more of an introverted album. Chesney himself [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...