No doubt Dean Brody is a gifted storyteller. The rising Canadian country music star proved his singing and songwriting readiness last year with three hit songs off his self-titled debut album on Broken Bow Records–all three broke the Top 10 at Canadian country radio. His smash “Brothers” peaked at #26 on the U.S. charts and [...]
By September of 2009, Miranda Lambert had already won over critics and sold more than a million records (a spectacular number, considering the lukewarm support afforded her by country radio). It was Lambert’s third album, however (Revolution, released 09/29/09), that fully (and finally) ascended her into the upper tier of this era’s country music icons. [...]
Here at The 9513 we love all kinds of country music, so it’s no surprise that the nominees for our 2nd Annual Country Music Awards include everyone from mainstream darlings to bluegrass legends and Texas icons. Once again we’ve worked diligently to identify the most deserving artists and projects from all corners of country music’s [...]
2009 offered up a treasure trove of high quality country music, and we’ve compiled a list of the year’s 50 best country songs. In order to a be considered for this list, a song must have appeared on an album released during the 2009 calendar year. Radio singles that appeared on 2008 albums but which [...]
If you haven’t heard, Taylor Swift won female video of the year at last night’s MTV Video Music Awards. It wouldn’t have been a big deal, but unfortunately, Kanye West felt the win was undeserved, so he took Swift’s mike mid-speech and let the whole audience know about it. The 20th Annual International Bluegrass Music [...]
Most fans know that Canada has bred a number of certifiable country music stars. But I would wager that few realize there is a thriving country music scene north of our border, and that every day on Canadian airwaves listeners can hear the sounds of a nation of country singers whose names few of us [...]
The Librarian of Congress has selected 25 culturally significant recordings to preserve in the National Recording Registry. George Jones‘ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” and the Stanley Brothers‘ “Rank Stranger” are among those that were chosen for this year’s honor. GAC has more info about the two songs. Missing from yesterday’s new release list was [...]
Is Big Kenny a preacher? Yes–he’s an ordained minister in the Universal Church of Love. – Jim Who sings like dead flowers? Rascal Flatts. – Karlie Who is the girl Gary Allan is dating? Her name has not been released at this time, but we can reveal that she wears a size five mini-skirt. – [...]
Christie’s announced yesterday that a poem written by Bob Dylan when he was 16 would be up for auction, however a reader alerted Reuters that the lyrics matched “Little Buddy,” a song previously recorded by Hank Snow. Christie’s response: “This still remains among the earliest known handwritten lyrics of Bob Dylan and Christie’s is pleased [...]
The Tennessee legislature voted on Monday to name a stretch of road in honor of Jerry Lee Lewis. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox named today Unremarkable ’90s Album Cut Day and wants you to come up with the most atrocious ’90s album cut you can think of and post a Youtube link. His contribution is “Steamy [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...