Roger Miller’s Copyrights Awarded to Widow; Easton Corbin Goes No. 1; Jo Dee Messina Plans Trio of EPs
The widow of Roger Miller won a lawsuit against Sony/ATV Publishing for the rights to some of her husband’s best-known songs. Despite Mindy McCready‘s destructive public behavior, Michael McCall says her newest album I’m Still Here suggests that her talent endures. New releases for the week of March 23, 2010 include: Derek Hoke – Goodbye […]
In Thursday’s News Roundup, Brody included a link to The Huffington Post’s article “The Stupidest Country Lyrics of All Time,” a look at some of country’s hokiest, silliest and innuendo-est lyrics of all time the last few years. Entries include Tim McGraw’s “Back When,” Craig Morgan for “International Harvester” and “God Must Really Love Me,” […]
Songwriters: Kerry Kurt Phillips and Chris DuBois As the final wisps of party-hearty desperation issue from the abominable “Bonfire,” Craig Morgan returns with some down-home fatalism in the form of “This Ain’t Nothin.’” Those who’ve dismissed Morgan on the basis of silly hits like “International Harvester” and the aforementioned “Bonfire” may find his latest offering […]
Last.fm has put together a list of the Top 1000 artists for 2009. Artists tagged as country take up… eight spots. By way of comparison, “pop” has 121 artists, “folk” has 80 and “melodic death metal” has 26. Last.fm’s Top 8 Country artists of the year are, by order of where they ranked in the […]
Last.fm Top Artists If anything cam be taken from this week’s charts, it’s that The 9513 fans are not beholden to pop culture and the media to dictate their listening habits. Either that, or no one’s gotten the memo that Taylor and Carrie are the biggest things in country music right now. Probably the former, […]
The U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution honoring country music for its contributions to America. New releases for the week of October 20, 2009 include: Bomshel – Fight Like a Girl Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Flatt & Scruggs – Foggy Mountain Banjo (Reissue) Amazon | Collector’s Choice Music Grasstowne – The Other Side […]
Rusty Wier, one of the innovators of the “Austin sound” in the ’70s and an Americana musician before there was such a thing, passed away Friday morning: Hearing was Rusty Wier’s last sense to go, so although he was almost unresponsive when surrounded by relatives and friends, including Jerry Jeff Walker, at his son Coby’s […]
Michael Martin Murphey signed a multi-album contract with Rural Rhythm Records during last week’s IBMA convention and will release his second set of bluegrass tunes, Buckaroo Blue Grass 2, next February. The first single is a remake of “Wildfire” as a duet with Carrie Hassler.
The 2009 International Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame inductees are The Lonesome Pine Fiddlers and The Dillards. Tiffany, an ’80s pop star, told The Huntsville Times that she hopes to have a country project together by the end of the year. “I’ve had success after 20 years, and my fans have really been supportive of […]
Craig Morgan rags on Blake Shelton in a new video that shows him reading a poem he wrote in response to a poem Shelton wrote earlier this year poking fun at his hair. In one line of the poem Morgan reads, “Don’t be discouraged when your girlfriend sells more records than you. I mean seriously, […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …