This article will focus on some more artists who either had a very short period of great success or had an extended run of near-success. The McCarters blazed brightly across the sky in 1988 and ’89. Comprised of lead singer Jennifer and her twin sisters Lisa and Teresa, this trio hearkened back to an older [...]
Craig Bickhardt recently touched on the pitfalls of excessive emotion in songwriting on his Ninety Mile Wind blog post “Cold Eye, Warm Heart”: The world was like a distant storm I could feel it on the breeze But it made so little difference here Just a whisper in the trees Mending fence for room and [...]
Gretchen Wilson and Ryan Bingham have been added to Willie Nelson‘s Farm Aid concert lineup. Blake Shelton‘s tattoo regret: “This is what I drew him for a deer track,” Blake tells GAC with a laugh. “To this moment, people still come up to me and say, ‘Man, ladybugs … that’s cool. What does that mean [...]
Bill Anderson plans to have a new album released before the end of the year. Craig Bickhardt wonders where the real people are in today’s country songs: The rule of thumb in Nashville is: make her crude, make him dirty, put them in a truck (with a six pack sometimes), and it’s a country song. [...]
Holly Williams is now engaged to Nashville Drummer Chris Coleman. NashvilleGab published a video from TMZ of Tim McGraw kicking the fan out of his recent concert. There’s not much to see unless you’re looking at Tim’s hideous shirt. Caitlin & Will turned in a second version of the video for “Address in the Stars.” [...]
Tanya Tucker recently released an album of covers that she credits her father for introducing to her and in October, Rosanne Cash will release a new album, The List, consisting of songs from a list that her father gave her. But before Cash’s album, there will be yet another album released credited to the influence [...]
Craig Bickhardt, the author of blog Ninety Mile Wind, updated his site this week with a post titled “All the Spells,” about that elusive je ne sais quoi our favorite songs have about them. Bickhardt knows a thing or two about songwriting (his own tunes have been recorded by Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, B. B. [...]
WSMV Nashville obtained audio tapes of a conversation John Rich‘s manager, Marc Oswald, had with Jared Ashley in which Oswald tried to get Ashley to drop his lawsuit against Rich. The audio recordings are supposedly a conversation between Oswald and Ashley on May 22. The recordings are edited. Ashley never speaks. “One thing about the [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...