Cory Morrow – or, for many country fans outside of the Texas music scene, that guy who sings “Nashville Blues” – knows a thing or two about redemption. After a 2005 arrest for drunk driving and cocaine possession left him at a crossroads much different than the questionable cross-genre pairings featured on CMT, the Texas […]
CMT to ACA: Actually, We Were First; Joe Diffie’s Bluegrass Album Due Out Next Week; Gene Watson and Darrell Scott on NPR
CMT didn’t take too kindly to the American Country Awards‘ claim that it was “the first and only country music awards show where fans determine all the winners.” “While CMT congratulates this mysterious organization on its first awards show, we are amused by their self-proclaimed title as the first and only fan-voted award show. All […]
When fans tune in to the live broadcast of the reopening of the Opry House on GAC tonight, Lucas Hendrickson says they might not notice much difference in the refurbished stage, but the performers will notice a redesigned backstage: Gone are the harshly lit corridors and cramped dressing spaces. In their place are 18 themed […]
Listening to Cory Morrow’s new album, Brand New Me, one gets the impression of someone who’s gone through some troubled times, came out stronger on the other end and is indescribably grateful for making it through. That’s a fairly accurate description of Morrow’s last few years. In 2005, Morrow was arrested for drunk driving and […]
Partial List of CMA Awards Nominees Announced Today; Coming Soon: Rounder Records & Trace Adkins Retrospectives
A portion of the final nominees for the CMA Awards were announced today, with plans to announce the rest tomorrow. Miranda Lambert and her songs got nominated two times in three different categories, Lady Antebellum received four nods, while Easton Corbin and the Zac Brown Band each pulled in three. Capitol Nashville plans to release […]
When I was a kid my favorite movies were the Back to the Future trilogy and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey was in heavy rotation as well. Basically, I like movies with time machines. Songs that feature time machines aren’t too bad either. Here are a few. 5. “Time Machine” […]
NewsChannel 5 chief investigative reporter Phil Williams published the results of a seven month investigation into ticket scalping for Keith Urban concerts and more specifically, the recent “We’re All For the Hall” benefit. [...] our investigation discovered, this year Keith Urban struck a deal with Ticketmaster to, in essence, scalp tickets to his own shows. […]
Howard Stern’s response to the allegations that Dolly Parton is contemplating a lawsuit: “I can’t even imagine someone thinking they have an actionable case, but bring it on.” Last month I called attention to the story behind Marty Robbins‘ epic western ballad “El Paso,” where the hero’s love for a woman named Felina becomes his […]
When it comes to songwriting, Cory Morrow is like that guy at the party who keeps telling the same lame jokes over and over, while all of his friends look on, either too embarrassed or too kind to break the truth to him that he’s not funny in the slightest. Vagrants & Kings, the Texas […]
The first set of the Palo Duro Records Showcase on Wednesday night featured an acoustic lover’s wet dream with a song swap between Trent Summar, Tommy Alverson, Dallas Wayne, and Buzz Cason. All four artists were in a dapper mood, keeping the moderately sized Waterloo Ice House audience in high spirits. If the term “laidback” […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …