“It is as though instead of a dog wagging its tail, the tail should wag the dog. And all Nature would stand aghast before such an improper spectacle.” – Elizabeth von Arnim, 1907 An award show offers an invaluable opportunity for the great entertainers of our day to be celebrated by their peers, and for [...]
Don Williams to Perform Limited Number of Dates; New Album Releases; CMA Music Fest Attendance Booms
Soon-to-be-Country Music Hall of Famer Don Williams is coming out of retirement for a limited number of concert dates in the fall. Garth Brooks, now out of his own retirement, announced new dates for September, October, and November. New releases for the week of June 15, 2010 include: The Blue Shadows – On The Floor [...]
Shania Twain Guests On American Idol; Dolly Parton Box Set Announced; George Jones Teams With Cracker Barrel
Shania Twain will fill in as a guest judge at an upcoming American Idol audition. New releases for the week of August 18, 2009 include: Augie Meyers – Country Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Brady Seals – Play Time Amazon | iTunes | MySpace David Nail – I’m About To Come Alive Amazon | iTunes [...]
The list of the most disappointing albums of the year includes a few good albums, some great artists, disappointing studio sets from veteran acts and two poor debut records. Here’s hoping that everybody does better next time. 10. Living Hard, Gary Allan Gary Allan is at his best when he paints outside the lines. Smoke [...]
I’m not even going to try to name all the artists who have recorded this song, but I am surprised that a group like Confederate Railroad gave it a try. It’s not really in their genre, and you can hear it. This is the first release from the collection of classic covers that Confederate Railroad [...]
We’ve come up with a playlist to help you add a more personal touch to that expensive gift that we know you’re lavishing on your mom this upcoming Mother’s Day. Mother’s play a special role in the lives of their children and each one of the following songs pays tribute to that bond between mother [...]
Mario Tarradell has an article about Shanachie Records, the record label who signed Daryle Singletary, David Ball, and Confederate Railroad to record albums of old classics. Why the sudden interest in country? “We think there is a void in country music,” says Randall Grass, Shanachie’s general manager. “Country has become very pop-oriented and very youth-oriented [...]
Mark Jordan has an article over on Commercial Appeal about a George Strait concert on Saturday night. After closing the main set with his own boogie woogie number “Unwound,” Strait returned for an encore that included “High Tone Woman” and a witty version of Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues” that featured the singer doing an [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...