Alison Krauss Schedules New Album; ‘Garden & Gun’ Covers Bluegrass; Lost Highway Celebrates 10 Years
On April 12, Alison Krauss will release a new album with Union Station titled Paper Airplane. Zac Brown isn’t sure why music has to be categorized: “I don’t know why everybody wants to put everything in a box. It’s almost like profiling.” If you want to define the Zac Brown Band musically, you’d be better […]
Miranda Lambert Slates Acoustic DVD; Randy Travis Prepares Duet Album with McGraw, Chesney and Underwood
Miranda Lambert is scheduled to release a six-song acoustic performance DVD titled Revolution: Live By Candlelight on Oct. 12. Early next year, to celebrate his 25th year as a major-label artist, Randy Travis will release a new album of collaborations: “I’ve been in the studio already quite a few times at this point,” he says, […]
Aside from the Gary Allan record Get Off On The Pain, I’m not finding much in the way of new music releases today. Standard Edition: Amazon ($7.99) Deluxe Edition: Amazon | iTunes Read C.M. Wilcox’s four-star review on The 9513. David Cantwell cautions listeners against believing that the American albums represent the complete Johnny Cash, […]
McGraw and Jackson Added to CMA Music Fest; Country’s Bad Rap; Industry Veteran Jim Halsey Releases New Book
Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, and Kellie Pickler are the latest entertainers added to the CMA Music Fest lineup. I missed the release of Chris King‘s new, six-song Bexar County EP in Tuesday’s new release list. (iTunes) Top Country Albums Even Country Haters Should Own CMT’s Craig Shelburne introduced the new black-and-white, acoustic video […]
The Dixie Chick‘s “Sin Wagon,” Drive-By Truckers‘ “3 Dimes Down” and Kenny Rogers‘ “The Gambler” are three of the 21 add-on country tracks that the makers of the popular Rock Band video game plan to release. Bill Monroe’s Bluegrass Hall of Fame will induct Doc Watson for his contributions to both bluegrass and folk music […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …