Willie Nelson to Appear on Next Snoop Dogg Album; The Civil Wars Perform for Paste; Grammy Performances Boost Sales
Snoop Dogg‘s next album finds him collaborating with Willie Nelson: The album’s most left-of-center track is the playful “Superman.” Accompanied by guitar and harmonica, Snoop and Willie Nelson trade riffs on living life with the hands they’ve been dealt and realizing, “I’m not Superman.” The idea to work together took shape when the two artists [...]
Despite being considerably shorter than the anticipated full-length sophomore release, this uncreatively titled collection actually contains more of Sweeney’s own songwriting than Heartbreaker’s Hall of Fame, the 2006 record that first set fans and critics abuzz about the prodigiously talented Texan. In fact, Sweeney has cowritten every one of these five tracks—and that’s mostly for [...]
How time flies! It’s already 5 days into the New Year, but that won’t stop us from letting you know what we thought were the best albums of 2010. We all wondered whether Jamey Johnson could follow up on a potentially career-defining album and how Dierks Bentley’s ‘bluegrass’ project would pan out–sales-wise and from a [...]
Willie Nelson was arrested Friday morning on charges of pot possession. The TV special CMA Country Christmas will air tonight on ABC. Jewly Hight interviewed Justin Townes Earle for Nashville Scene: Two days after Harlem River hit the street, Earle’s tour brought him to the Indianapolis rock club Radio Radio, and that particular night didn’t [...]
The fourth Love & War Lifetime Achievement Award — nicknamed the ‘Rusty’ in honor of its first recipient, Texas music legend Rusty Wier — will be given to Billy Joe Shaver on Nov. 17. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is scheduled to perform “Country Strong,” the title song from her upcoming movie, at next month’s CMA Awards. [...]
NPR/Folk Alley to Stream AMA Awards Live; Why Albums Are Released On Tuesday; 10 Worthy Indie Albums
Folk Alley and NPR Music will webcast the AMA Honors & Award Show live tonight at 7:30 PM EST. Barry Mazor interviewed Jamey Johnson for The Wall Street Journal and calls his double-album The Guitar Song a new country masterpiece: “The traditional country music—or as it’s commonly called in my house, ‘music’—that’s where you learned [...]
Faith Hill Celebrates Post-Katrina Rebuild; Country Music Hall Expected to Double in Size; James Otto Welcomes Daughter
Faith Hill performed a free concert in New Orleans last night to support and celebrate how far the Gulf Coast has come since hurricane Katrina flooded the area. Chevel Johnson has a recap for The Associated Press. Coinciding with the construction of a downtown Nashville Omni Hotel, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum [...]
Texas singer Brennen Leigh’s newest release, The Box, ranges from traditional country to traditional bluegrass, but the important word to note there is “traditional.” There’s nothing that’s bombastic or puts attitude ahead of ability. The lyrics don’t pander or boast. Most importantly, it manages to be both traditional and contemporary, using time-tested country and bluegrass [...]
Gwyneth Paltrow to Release Country Single; Josh Turner Expecting Child No. 3; Carrie Underwood’s 13 No. 1s
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow plans to release a new single titled “Country Strong” to radio come late August. The single, featuring background vocals from Vince Gill and Patty Griffin, is being released in conjunction with her new movie of the same name in which she plays a washed-up country singer. The film itself, starring Tim McGraw [...]
DETAILS magazine has a brief Q&A with Miranda Lambert. Q: Is anyone at risk on your new album? A: There’s a couple, but it’s subtler. I’ve moved from that crazy girl to someone a little wiser. I kill them a little more softly this time around. Don’t forget your free priority tickets to the Darius [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...