Big State Festival is officially done, at least for this year. Charlie Walker, co-owner of C3 Presents, cites “a lack of top tier talent” as the reason behind the festival’s demise. John Gerome says starting in 2005, life for Patty Loveless took a hairpin turn. She lost her mother-in-law, brother, and mom, which spurred a [...]
Actress Rebecca Romijn recently met Dolly Parton at her Dollywood theme park and told the country icon that she is going to name one of her twins after her–twin baby, that is. Long-time Cornell Hurd Band rubboardist and South Austin resident Danny Young passed away last night. He was 67. Aside from playing the rub [...]
Bill Friskics-Warren describes Josh Turner’s Everything Is Fine as flashbacks of Don Williams’ romance and commitment laced material mixed with some heartache and country-soul chops. Carrie Underwood took home three trophies at the American Music Awards while Beyonce wowed the crowd with Sugarland on the “bluegrass” flavored version of “Irreplaceable”. (YouTube) Part 3 of Trent [...]
There’s only one country album on Stylus Magazine’s List of the 50 Best Albums of 2007, and it’s Miranda Lambert’s Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, coming in at number two. Yallwire posted the second part to their video interview with Billy Joe Shaver. This time around he sings “Get Thee Behind Me Satan” and gives some insight into [...]
Merle Haggard’s latest album, The Bluegrass Sessions, “was produced by a bluegrass musician with bluegrass musicians, recorded at a bluegrass studio, released on a bluegrass label, racked under bluegrass in record stores, aired on bluegrass radio, covered by the bluegrass press, and it’s currently in it’s fourth consecutive week at # 1 on Billboard’s Bluegrass [...]
Wanting to work where no one would bother them, Gary Allan and songwriters Jim Lauderdale and Odie Blackman visited the jungles of Costa Rica for a week. Peter Cooper has a synopsis of the Country Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Ralph Emery, Vince Gill, and Mel Tillis. Asked is he still considers himself [...]
The beer is always free when you can’t drink it. Lucky enough to be on the VIP list for last weekend’s Big State Festival, I was taunted by the endless supply of free golden-bubbly goodness available in the festival’s private lounges. Let me reiterate: Free. Beer. But, alas, there were bands to see, interviews to [...]
Kelly Willis and The Wrights were on the brink of starting their 12:30 sets when we arrived at the festival grounds on Sunday. Writing the Saturday wrap-up kept us from showing up earlier to watch Colin Gilmore and Ashley Ray. Our famished stomachs led us straight to the nearest food while we half-heartedly listened to [...]
After reportedly becoming “verbally abusive” onboard a recent flight, Gretchen Wilson was stripped of her alcohol privileges and cited for a disturbance. The trouble apparently came about when the stewards asked her to keep her pet dog in its carrier case. How dare they. A special edition of the forthcoming Garth Brooks The Ultimate Hits [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...