Imagine giving Jewel some meaningful songs to sing, surrounding her with some of Nashville’s best acoustic musicians and then letting her cut loose on a bluegrass tangent. That just might be comparable to Becky Schlegel’s terrific new album Dandelion. Schlegel’s voice flitters and floats like a dandelion on a breeze. Her vocals can hush to [...]
Miranda Lambert Debuts “The House That Built Me” Video; Jake Owen Channels Brooks & Dunn In Tribute to Scooby Doo
The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me,” which is also the fastest rising single of her career, debuted on iTunes today. (iTunes) New releases for the week of April 6, 2010 include: Becky Schlegel – Dandelion Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Brison Bursey Band – Expectations and Parking Lots Amazon | iTunes [...]
Blake Shelton on his more defiant attitude of late: “One thing we’re doing that we probably haven’t done is showcase the … ‘I don’t give a (expletive) if you like it or not’ attitude,” Shelton says. “It’s puzzled me why country artists have to be so politically correct. I mean I’m not a politician. If [...]
It’s been a while since our last edition of the roundup, but not to worry–it’s back this week, and it’s back to stay. Just consider this your Sunday morning newspaper–The 9513 style! Big things are happening here at The 9513–we think you’re going to love what we’ve got in store for you over the next [...]
In its simplicity, Becky Schlegel’s latest, “Jenny,” stands in stark contrast to the bulk of songs currently garnering airplay. She’s backed by a sparse, acoustic arrangement limited to a guitar, bass, mandolin, and light percussion, with Randy Kohrs providing harmony. It’s a study in interpretation and supportive arrangement that maximize the emotional significance of the [...]
At 81 Charlie Louvin isn’t slowing down; he has two albums slated for later this year. The first, Steps to Heaven, will be new versions of traditional gospel songs along with two tracks from the duo he started with his brother. The second, Charlie Louvin Sings Murder Ballads & Disaster Songs, is self-explanatory. Amber Waves [...]
With her debut national release, South Dakota native Becky Schlegel showcases a soft warble of a voice that meets the ears like a gentle, moist kiss on the cheek. Never forceful, and at times little more than a whisper, For All The World To See is a fusion of folk, roots, and bluegrass that quietly [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...