Aside from the Gary Allan record Get Off On The Pain, I’m not finding much in the way of new music releases today. Standard Edition: Amazon ($7.99) Deluxe Edition: Amazon | iTunes Read C.M. Wilcox’s four-star review on The 9513. David Cantwell cautions listeners against believing that the American albums represent the complete Johnny Cash, […]
After 10 years together, Rhonda Vincent left Rounder Records. Zac Brown discusses guitars, playing on nylon strings, and the loss of individualism in country music in an interview with Craig Havighurst for Acoustic Guitar. (via Nashville Gab) There’s been a loss of individualism in country music. If you don’t know who you are when you […]
The story of Johnny Cash has been told and retold so many times and in so many forms over the past 15 years that it has accrued as much legend as fact. In two autobiographies, numerous histories and critical studies, a Hollywood biopic and even a graphic novel, the major events of his life become […]
Wynonna and Naomi Judd are reuniting for a 2010 tour. Country Haiku takes the literal approach to a country classic: I have to wonder Who is gonna fill their shoes They’re like size 14 On April 20, Jason Boland will release his first album since undergoing throat surgery. The live album, titled High In The […]
It took three months, 10 voters and 300 nominated albums, but we’ve finally made it to the top of the mountain. These are The 9513′s Top 10 Country Albums of the Decade. From stark tales of life in the coal mine to slick-and-polished pop country to an outlaw savior, these 10 diverse albums–put forth by […]
The “comeback” effort from three Chicks, as well as Taylor Swift’s debut album, land near the mid-section of our countdown of the decade’s best country albums, but this 10-disc installment is best characterized by it’s Southwestern flair; Texans Kris Kristofferson, Amber Digby, Guy Clark and Dale Watson join the march across the halfway point as […]
Does anyone else wish Levon Helm was their grandfather? With his easygoing but deliberate way of telling a story, I’ve often thought about how cool it would be to just sit around and listen to him reminisce about his life experiences, his stories flavored with his vast repertoire of southern adages and homespun sayings. Without […]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …