At last night’s annual International Bluegrass Music Awards, Dailey & Vincent triumphed — again, maintaining their hold on the entertainer of the year and top vocal group categories for the third year in a row. The duo also notched wins for album of the year for their tribute project Dailey & Vincent Sing the Statler [...]
If Joey + Rory are to be believed, following up the finest mainstream debut of 2008 is easy enough if you avoid overthinking things: “just cut some songs that move you/and sing them from the heart,” wife Joey counsels on the opening and title track of the duo’s second Sugar Hill release, Album Number Two. [...]
Nominees for the 21st annual International Bluegrass Music Awards were announced this morning and once again, Dailey & Vincent top the list with 10 nominations. Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out follow with six nods and right on their heels are Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper, Sam Bush, and The Grascals with five apiece. The full [...]
Come this fall, the original Sugarland trio will have a reunion of sorts, only it’ll be in the courtroom. Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush will square off against Kristen Hall in a lawsuit that the latter filed claiming that she is owed more than $1.5 million. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Bill Rankin has more details, including [...]
By September of 2009, Miranda Lambert had already won over critics and sold more than a million records (a spectacular number, considering the lukewarm support afforded her by country radio). It was Lambert’s third album, however (Revolution, released 09/29/09), that fully (and finally) ascended her into the upper tier of this era’s country music icons. [...]
Here at The 9513 we love all kinds of country music, so it’s no surprise that the nominees for our 2nd Annual Country Music Awards include everyone from mainstream darlings to bluegrass legends and Texas icons. Once again we’ve worked diligently to identify the most deserving artists and projects from all corners of country music’s [...]
2009 offered up a treasure trove of high quality country music, and we’ve compiled a list of the year’s 50 best country songs. In order to a be considered for this list, a song must have appeared on an album released during the 2009 calendar year. Radio singles that appeared on 2008 albums but which [...]
Loretta Lynn Earns Lifetime Achievement Award; TIME & Billboard Lists; Toby Keith Performs at Nobel Peace Concert
Loretta Lynn, Harold Bradley, and Walter Miller will be among those honored by the Recording Academy during Grammy week. Lynn will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award and both Bradley and Miller will earn Trustees Awards. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox compared and contrasted the best of the decade lists that ran here and Country Universe. It [...]
The film Noble Things, featuring Lee Ann Womack and Tracy Byrd in their big screen debuts, will be released on DVD December 22. Feeling Austin was underrepresented on most of the decade lists cropping up, Jim Caligiuri took the liberty of chronologically listing 33 albums released by bands and artists that made living in the [...]
Juli Thanki One More For The Road by Adam Steffey The past few months have been pretty rough on the wallets of bluegrass fans, with stellar releases coming from the Del McCoury Band, Steep Canyon Rangers, and Ricky Skaggs. But for my money, the best bluegrass record of the past few months—maybe all year—is Adam [...]
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...