Sugarland Releases Live DVD; Billy Lee Riley Passed Away; Lorrie Morgan Lands Broadway Role
- Billy Lee Riley, a pioneer of Rockabilly who was overshadowed by his contemporaries — Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, etc. — at Sun Records, passed away on Sunday at 75. (MySpace)
New releases for the week of August 4, 2009 include:
Sugarland – Live On the Inside (CD/DVD)
Zac Brown Band – Live From Bonnaroo (EP)
- Lorrie Morgan landed the role of Lula for the Broadway adaptation of Pure Country. Lula is the manager for Joe Nichols‘ character.
- Brian T. Atkinson published a brief Q&A with Chris Knight about his upcoming release, Trailer Tapes II.
There are three unreleased cuts on ‘Trailer II.’ How many unheard songs are left from that era?
I’ve got a feeling there’s a lot more “Trailer Tape” stuff out there and I just don’t remember what I recorded. It seems like I had 30 or 40 songs recorded during those sessions.
- Kellie Pickler‘s next single will be “Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You.” (Amazon)
- Kristian Bush on last night’s TV special Sugarland: Live on the Inside:
“There’s something sentimental about it,” he said. “Not that long ago, before DVR and YouTube, we used to gather around and watch specials like this on television.”
- Country Universe is bringing the ’90s back with a series of essential songs from artists most closely associated with that era. The first artist featured is Joe Diffie.
- Artist rewind: Watch the video for the title track from Sara Evans‘ debut album, “Three Chords and the Truth.”
- Daily Country Haiku:
I was born to fly
Not that I have wings and such
It’s a metaphor
- Bonnie Bishop has a new album, Virginia, due out on August 11 and Music Fog posted video of “Almost Like Home,” which will be on the album, from a recent concert.
- John Gerome says Diana Jones fully embraces the traditional sounds of rural Appalachia on her most recent album, Better Times Will Come, and retraces Jones’ search for her birth family and how that led to her new sound. (MySpace)
- Watch Old Crow Medicine Show‘s performance of “Tell It To Me” from the band’s upcoming DVD release Live at the Orange Peel and Tennessee Theatre.
- One of 31 common themes in country music according to Farce the Music: “Enjoy each moment of your life…because you will die in the bridge.”
- Listen to Patty Loveless cover Harlan Howard‘s “Busted,” which will appear on her upcoming Mountain Soul II album.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …