Steel Guitar Hall of Fame Inducts Barbara Mandrell; Willie Nelson Bluegrass; Ricky Skaggs Stream
- Barbara Mandrell has become the first woman inducted into the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.
- Country California fake news:
Between canceled shows and a CMA Entertainer of the Year snub, fans of pop-country duo Sugarland have had a rough go of it in recent months. Sadly, there’s more bad news on the way: doctors have ordered Kristian Bush on vocal rest, forcing the duo to cancel none of its upcoming concert appearances.
- Taking a cue from Hank Williams, who married his second wife onstage, Lucinda Williams will marry her manager Tom Overby onstage during her Sept. 18 concert in Minneapolis.
- Willie Nelson has plans to work with T Bone Burnette on his first bluegrass album.
- My Kind of Country is giving away a copy of George Strait‘s 50 Numbers Ones.
- Tom Russell stands behind his new record, Blood and Candle Smoke.
If you don’t think the record is 100% there for you or honest or “good,” or if there’s any false passion or bad lines, then bring it to a gig and I’ll trade you two different cds back for it. Or give you 20 bucks. That’s what I can guarantee you within the so-called music culture of today. It’s all I have at present. I believe in this record, and I don’t believe in much else.
- Country Universe: What music has been successfully filtered to you from your parents?
- Model Scheana Marie Jancan doesn’t let the fact that Eddie Cibrian was married to another woman stop her from accusing him of cheating on her with LeAnn Rimes.
- Listen to “Great Divide,” the new single from Josh Grider‘s forthcoming album Sweet Road To Ride, which is one of Shayne Hollinger’s top tracks for the month of September.
- Taylor Swift feeds on pressure and is motivated by naysayers.
- She’s also re-releasing Fearless on Oct. 27 with six new songs and a DVD that includes photos, tour footage, and her music videos.
- Snag a copy of Robert Earl Keen‘s new single, “The Rose Hotel,” in exchange for your name and email address.
- Ninebullets.net says you should steer clear of Yonder Mountain String Band‘s tenth album, The Show.
- Despite suffering a stroke over the weekend, Garrison Keillor, author and host of the radio show “A Prairie Home Companion,” plans to resume a normal schedule next week.
- Kelly Manix is giving away a free download of “Don’t Cry Yourself To Sleep” from her recent album Emerald City.
- The Houston Chronicle‘s Andrew Dansby celebrates Brad Paisley‘s ordinariness.
- Ricky Skaggs is streaming his new record, Ricky Skaggs Solo (Songs My Dad Loved), in full on iLike until its release next week.
- P.S. I saw Randy Rogers in Subway yesterday.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD …
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which …
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there …
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was …
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever …
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the …
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to …