Rich’s Manager Wants Lawsuit Dropped; Opry Experiments With Captioning
- WSMV Nashville obtained audio tapes of a conversation John Rich‘s manager, Marc Oswald, had with Jared Ashley in which Oswald tried to get Ashley to drop his lawsuit against Rich.
The audio recordings are supposedly a conversation between Oswald and Ashley on May 22. The recordings are edited. Ashley never speaks.
“One thing about the music business, country music business in particular, is, you know, as long as you’re not a child rapist or gay, you can get away with a lot … You know what I mean?” said Oswald on the tape.
“I would say, dude, if this guy is ready to back off and ready to write a check for aggravation and by doing so, it’s over and you can feel like you accomplished a lot, I would do it,” Oswald said. “If I can agree with you on the number and he drops his and you drop yours and you call the detective, we could be done with this today.”
- The Grand Ole Opry is experimenting with captioning for the hearing impaired.
- Craig Bickhardt posted video of “Father’s Day” to his blog, Ninety Mile Wind. It’s a song he wrote with Jack Sundrud and Helen Darling and is obviously appropriate to yesterday’s celebration of fathers.
- Julianne Hough landed the role of Ariel Moore for the remake of the ’80s film Footloose.
- In a special to DFW.com, Punch Shaw said two songs defined the Cherryholmes‘ set at Concerts in the Garden on Friday night: “Sumatra” and “Mary.”
- Charlie Robison directs a few jabs at his ex-wife on his new album, Beautiful Day, but in an interview with Sarah Rodman he said he “wanted to keep all the overt vindictiveness out of it.”
“Emily and I are still very close. She comes over to the house for dinner three times a week with [our three] kids, and we still go out and have dinner with our friends. I didn’t want my kids for the next 20 years of their life at their therapists’ office saying, ‘Daddy keeps calling Mommy a bitch on his records.’ That would get kind of old after a while.”
- Todd Snider‘s 2003 live album Near Truths and Hotel Rooms tops Country California’s ranking of his discography.
- Megan Branch shared ten interesting facts about the Father of Country Music straight from Barry Mazor’s new book, Meeting Jimmie Rodgers: How America’s Original Roots Music Hero Changed the Pop Sounds of a Century.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne listed his favorite versions of songs written by Matraca Berg.
- Jon Caramanica reviewed the Toby Keith and Trace Adkins concert at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, N.J. on Thursday night for The New York Times.
- Those Darlins will release their self-titled debut album through their own company, Oh Wow Dang, on July 7.
- Forbes.com named Dierks Bentley as a one of ten personalities who have the potential to become breakout stars. (via Country Music Is Love)
- For the past few weeks Country Mike has been counting down the top 50 states for country music. This week he hit the top ten. Find out who made the top spot: Texas or Tennessee. Which would you have chosen?
- My Kind of Country and Country Universe are each giving away five copies of Tanya Tucker‘s new album My Turn.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...