Randy Rogers Readies 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival
- Galleywinter has the lowdown on Randy Rogers’ 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival this Friday and Saturday, plus the history behind the festival.
- Jerrod Nieman added “The Way It Used To Be” to his MySpace, go check it out.
- When John Hiatt married his wife Nancy they each had a kid, which means the kids were always around, but now that the kids are grown he says they’re romantic again, and it’s that romance that influences his new album, Same Old Man. John Gerome describes it as “a middle-aged man’s love letter, his travelogue to a long and durable relationship.”
- Carrie Underwood is a vegetarian. Jessica Simpson wore a t-shirt proclaiming “Real Girls Eat Meat.” Speculation abounds. Could this whole “feud” simply be a marketing ploy to keep Simpson in the limelight? All that aside, the question everyone should be asking themselves is, what happened to Jessica Simpson’s feet? (thanks for the link, Lynn)
- Pat Green‘s newest single, “Let Me,” is up on his MySpace. He got Huffed.
- Dierks Bentley dishes to Craig Shelburne about life on the road and the bus. For some people it’s tough, but Bentley thinks it’s a blast, even when he sleeps in a bunk just like the rest of the band.
- Country Universe’s “100 Greatest Women” inches closer to the Top 10 by the day. It’s currently at No. 14 with Barbara Mandrell. Here’s a snippet from Kevin:
She completely transformed the notion of what a country music entertainer should be, breaking down barriers for women and raising the bar for all of those who followed her.
- Faith Hill‘s first Christmas album, Joy To The World, is slated for a September 16th release date and includes mostly standards but will have one original in “A Baby Changes Everything,” written by Tim Nichols, Craig Wiseman and K.K. Wiseman.
- Sarah Buxton added five more songs to her MySpace blog for your feedback.
- On July 15 Taylor Swift will release a CD/DVD collection exclusively through Wal-Mart. Titled Beautiful Eyes, the collection will contain previously released material with two new songs–the title track and an acoustic version of “Teardrops On My Guitar.”
- Checkout NPR for Kathleen Edward‘s set list from a recent show at Philadelphia’s NON-COMMvention and listen to a live recording from WXPN.
- Several contestants who tried out for Nashville Star, and for one reason or another didn’t make it, joined Matt during his live blog last night and made a few interesting revelations about the show and its process.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...