President Bush Parodies “Green, Green Grass of Home”
- Here’s a YouTube video of President Bush singing a parody of “Green, Green Grass of Home” at the Gridiron Club’s Annual Spring Dinner on March 8th.
- Taylor Swift thinks the problem labels are having with trying to capture a younger audience is due to them trying too hard.
“There are record labels that are admitting to the fact that they’re trying to copy the “model” that has worked for Taylor Swift and Big Machine Records. And the thing is, we just didn’t know any better . . . there really was no business model to make it work for the younger demographic. If we can relate to lyrics, then we’re going to buy the music, and I don’t think that’s a hard formula to figure out.”
- In light of St. Patrick’s day (which was yesterday) Country Universe wants to know your favorite drinking songs.
- The ten most influential women of country music according to Shelly Fabian.
- Alan Jackson’s wife, Denise, has a new book coming out on May 13 titled “The Road Home.”
- More SXSW goodness from Craig Shelburne. He says Justin Townes Earle was the name he heard most when comparing notes with other writers and calls Bruce Robison’s singing voice perfect for a lazy day.
- Justin Towns Earle talks a little music philosophy with Holly Gleason for the Los Angeles Times.
“People should write about what they know,” he says. “These 19-year-old New York kids writing about plowhorses? I was born and raised in south Nashville. I like cows, but I’ve never worked ‘em. Don’t own a ’32 Ford pickup. I’m writing a murder ballad right now . . . and the killer drives a ’93 Taurus.
“Forms are forms, and they should be honored, but anything else? I write about city girls, because that’s what I know.”
- Andrew Dansby says Earle has a Hank Williams vibe going on and that Hayes Carll’s set confirmed his new album Trouble In Mind is a corker.
- Although they’re all sold out, these Jon Langford paintings are pretty sweet and still nice to look at. There’s a few Hank Williams, some Johnny Cash, The Carter Family, Gene Autry, Gram Parsons and more.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...