Obama Concluded Acceptance Speech with Brooks & Dunn’s “Only In America”
- Matt asks if anyone else finds it odd that Brooks & Dunn‘s “Only in America” was played at the end of Obama’s acceptance speech last night in light of the fact that it was also George W. Bush’s campaign theme song in 2004.
- A recent flight carrying Trisha Yearwood had to make an emergency landing due to a cracked windshield.
“We never lost cabin pressure, so we didn’t have to use our oxygen masks. By the time we got on the ground, the crack on the front of the plane’s window was huge, and getting bigger by the second,” she said.
- Michael Corcoran reports that Jason Boland‘s surgery was a success, as was the release of his new album, Comal County Blue, which shot to the top of the iTunes country sales chart and has received the best reviews of his career.
- Drew Emmitt (MySpace) assembled an all-star cast of bluegrass musicians for his album, Long Road, to pay homage to his 20-year career on the road and PopMatters’ Sarah Moore says the broad guest list “reiterates the notion of collaboration that usually accompanies the road.”
- Photocrap posted another large edition of honest album covers titled “Bigger In Texas Day.”
- The Houston Chronicle’s Andrew Dansby has a Q&A with Glen Campbell on the topic of his new album and career.
- David Letterman liked the second verse in Randy Houser‘s (MySpace) song “Anything Goes” so much that he had the singer-songwriter repeat it on The Late Show Thursday night.
- In an interview with OK! Magazine Kellie Pickler reveals she’s dating Nashville musician Kyle Jacobs.
- The Del McCoury owned label McCoury Music plans to offer a new $100 annual subscription service called the McCoury Music Club.
All club members will receive one live show download per month for a full year. The show will be selected by McCoury Music and in most cases will be from a recording made within the previous 60 days, but occasionally we may slip in a special show from the archives that we don’t think you can live without. We also plan to reward members with occasional extras such as additional tracks from shows that were just too good not to share, or a studio track here and there exclusive just to you.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne counts down his 25 favorite Todd Snider songs.
- Forum poster JHD says Carrie Underwood has a hold on young Nashville songwriter Andy Gibson‘s song “Love Had Something To Say.” You can listen to it on his MySpace.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...