Mailbag: Who sings old school cheerleader music?
Who sings on “South Texas Girl” with Lyle Lovett?
Accomplished songwriter/performer Guy Clark.
What does Keith Urban do for a living?
Picks his guitar and sings songs.
How did Townes Van Zandt die?
Wikipedia says it was “due to a massive pulmonary embolus (blood clot in the lungs) following hip surgery” while The Internet Movie Database cites a heart attack–which seems to be the most recurring answer I can find. Refer to Jeanene Van Zandt’s comment in the comment section below.
Where can I buy Garth Brook’s song “More than a Memory”?
“More Than a Memory,” will be included on Garth’s upcoming The Ultimate Hits collection, available Nov. 6th. The Ultimate Hits is a 2 CD package featuring 36 tracks and a DVD. – Jim Malec
In the group Big & Rich, what is Rich’s full name?
His full name, according to his songwriting credits, is John Rich, although when he appears on rap albums, he uses the name J-Money (no, I’m not kidding, check out Cowboy Troy’s latest). – Jim Malec
What is George Straight’s age?
He was born May 18, 1952 which would make him 55 years young. Which coincidentally, is the same number of No. 1 hits he’s had.
How many albums has Merle Haggard sold?
A lot more than you or I ever will.
Who wrote the lyrics to “Mr. Bojangles”?
It was originally written by Jerry Jeff Walker and has been covered by many artists throughout the years.
What songwriter wrote “Don’t Tell Mama I was Drinkin’”?
The song, which has been recorded by Gary Allan, The Grascals, and Ty Herndon, was written by Buddy Brock, Jerry Laseter, and Kim Williams. – Jim Malec
What country legend said Brad Paisley is the man to save country music?
In an interview on Yahoo Music J. Poet says that George Jones “hailed him [Brad Paisley] as the man who can save traditional country music from the Nashville machine.”
Who sings “Crazy Like You”?
That’d be Texas singer/songwriter Josh Grider. Check out The 9513 review of his album Million Miles to Go.
Does Denise Jackson mention Faith Hill in her book?
Not by name, but there are some vicious rumors flying around the internet…
Are Tim McGraw and Faith Hill a swinging couple?
You should ask Faith that question and see how she responds. – Jim Malec
Who is Carleen Carter’s father?
Carl Smith, one of the most successful singers during the ’50s.
Who are some artists who have covered Bruce Robison?
George Strait covered “Wrapped” and “Desperately” from Robison’s Wrapped album, while Tim McGraw recorded “Angry All the Time” from the same album. The Dixie Chicks also covered “Travelin’ Soldier”, Lee Ann Womack sang “Blame It On Me”, and Gary Allan did Robison’s “What Would Willie Do”.
Are Jack Ingram and Miranda Lambert a couple?
Nope. But Blake Shelton and Miranda are. – Jim Malec
Who sings the country song about drinking more drinks?
That would be none other than the previously mentioned Blake Shelton. The song is called “The More I Drink.” – Jim Malec
What is going to be the name of Gary Allan’s new CD?
It’ll be called Living Hard and will be out on October 23rd. Mark your calendars.
How many top ten hits did Johnny Cash have?
Once again using Wikipedia as my source, I count 54 Top 10 hits on the US Country chart.
When did Richard Nixon visit the Grand Ole Opry?
On March 16, 1974 the Opry moved from the Ryman to a new location. President Nixon was on hand as a special guest. You can read a transcript of his conversation with Roy Acuff on The American Presidency Project.
Is Carrie Underwood really getting married?
No–which means I still have time… – Jim Malec
Who wrote the song “I Fall to Pieces” by Patsy Cline?
Hank Cochran and Harlan Howard wrote the song that would become Cline’s first number-one hit, and also make her a household name.
- Was Carrie Underwood ever not successful?
- What brand of jeans does Kenny Chesney wear?
- Who sings old school cheerleader music?
- Which country artist worked at Piggly Wiggly?
- Did Marty Robbins spend time in jail?
And that’s a wrap.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...