Mailbag: Who Did Kenny Chesney Take to the Grammys?
Who sings “That’s what brothers are for?”
Nashville-via-Canada Broken Bow recording artist Dean Brody, but only after one too many Moosehead Lagers. – CM
Who plays guitar for Chuck Wicks?
A player who, having chosen consistent employment over artistic satisfaction, consoles himself nightly with the fact that at least he’s not One Night Rodeo’s guitar player. – Ben
How many Grammys does Alison Krauss have?
26. That’s one for every year of Taylor Swift’s life with enough left over to match the number of people who aren’t creeped out by Bucky Covington’s mustache. – CM
Who sings “I am a country boy?”
Alan Jackson’s extremely proper cousin. – Karlie
Who sings “Telluride?”
Tim McGraw, though Josh Gracin is also known to do a mean karaoke version of it. – CM
Who wrote the song “Pray Out Loud?”
Someone who hates Jesus, quality music, and the non-bleeding eardrums of radio listeners everywhere. – Juli
Why does Taylor Swift call herself the scarlet letter?
Presumably because Taylor Swift is an adulteress. – CM
Homeschooling? — Ben
What is the theme of “Picture to Burn?”
Boys. And how stupid boys are! – Jim
What does Kristian Bush contribute?
Distractingly prominent vocals tagged onto the ends of songs and a certain indefinable creepiness factor. — CM
Kristian Bush is single-handedly making fedoras acceptable headgear in Nashville. The unfortunate part of that, of course, is that in a few years we’re going to have to deal with a massive influx of fedora-wearing, guitar strumming copycat “hat acts.”– Jim
Who was Johnny Cash’s first wife?
Vivian Liberto, mother to Rosanne and three more Cash children. — CM
You know, everyone likes to celebrate the Johnny and June marriage as country mythology, but his marriage to Vivian Libretto is a much better country story. Johnny and June were two rich superstars who got married and lived happily ever after. Meanwhile Johnny and Vivian’s marriage was tested by ambition, infidelity, and drug abuse, and despite her continued love for him, a love that predated and wasn’t predicated on his success, the marriage ended and Vivian wrote in her book that throughout her life she never stopped loving him. Now that’s a solid country love story. – Ben
Where are Caitlin and Will?
On a radio tour promoting their first single, “Even Now.” – CM
Who did Kenny Chesney bring to the Grammy awards?
If we consider the Fame-Score Equation to be exponential and factor in that number 100 was 8 years ago before he won most of his awards, then subtract the week he became a hermit because of the dissolution of his marriage, we can conclude he must have taken Miss 1,271 to the Grammy’s.
Note: The equation doesn’t factor in the Age and Baldness Correlations and their impact on the allure of fame, nor does it consider the the rise of immorality. However, we can confidently determine that Chesney is behind Walt’s Curve.
Note 2: Kenny Chesney doesn’t actually exist; he is just a figment of Lady Goodman’s imagination. – Brady
One of the 2,000,000+ girls that can attest to the fact that he’s not gay–if ya know what I mean. “You should hear about those long, hard, sweaty summers back when I first started touring,” Kenny said. “Man, those were the days. I was batting more than A-Rod. Yeah, even better than that tanned, ripply muscled slugger. What?! No, I swear, I’m not gay!” – Kenny Chesney
Note 3: Lady Goodman doesn’t exist either. Lady Goodman is a pseudonym used by Holly Gleason. – Jim
Has there ever been a female country Entertainer of the Year?
Listen, I’m not gay, okay? — Kenny Chesney
What is Miranda Lambert purchasing with Blake?
Pants. For her to wear in that relationship. – Jim
The 9513′s Mailbag is published at the end of every month. The questions that appear here are real questions posed by our readers.
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...