Mailbag: The Blake Shelton Guest Edition
Why is country music the best?
Country music is more diverse than any other genre. It embraces a lot of styles and sounds and Country artists are influenced by all those different styles. And…Country music fans have the biggest boobs. – Blake Shelton
In what city is there a street named George Jones Place?
I don’t know, but I really hope there’s a John Deere dealership on it. – Sam
So why does Johnny Cash wear black?
To prove he didn’t have dandruff. – Blake Shelton
Because Johnny’s chicken suit was just too expensive to have dry cleaned regularly. – Ken
Why are people on oil rigs called roughnecks?
Hold on a minute and let me drive 120 miles to the nearest rig and ask. – Blake Shelton
Man, where’s Michael Sarver now that we actually need him? – Sam
What does “backside of a mule” mean?
Please go away. – Blake Shelton
Darius Rucker needs better songwriters. – Karlie
What type of jeans does Alan Jackson wear?
Long ones. – CM
“Little Bitty” jeans. – Ken
Who should the Country Music Hall of Fame elect next?
For their influence on today’s country music, Aerosmith. – Sam
What does “roll a big fat one” mean?
It means (not suited for radio). – Pierce
Why did George Strait agree to Pure Country 2: The Gift?
Top 10 Reasons George Strait Agreed to Do Pure Country 2: The Gift
10. Needed an excuse to hang out with Katrina Elam.
9. Saw one of Toby Keith’s acting attempts, figured what the hell.
8. Swayed by promise of Christmas cookies with sprinkly things on top at catering table.
7. Was drinking with Martina McBride when manager relayed offer.
6. Could really use the money for new jean press and shirt starch.
5. Was sure nobody would see it anyway.
4. Original script contained numerous puns involving his last name.
3. Still processing events of 9/11.
2. Testing the waters for Pure Country 3: Electric Boogaloo.
1. Thought he’d get to wear the clip-on ponytail again. – CM
Why do people have lots of passion for country music?
It is music that you can relate to and overtime have a relationship with the artist, even if you don’t know them because country artists are so accessible. – Blake Shelton
Why does Jason Aldean’s drummer always have his mouth open?
Waiting to yell “Hey, you’re wearing a ladies’ shirt!” when Jason turns to face him. – CM
He can’t believe people actually come out to these concerts. – Karlie
How much does Miranda Lambert weigh?
Approximately 1.25 Carrie Underwoods – Sam
How to get a date with Taylor Swift?
Be the proud owner of a Grammy, an Oscar or a Nickelodeon Teen Choice Award. – Sam
Why is there a groan in “Gunpowder and Lead?”
She missed his heart on her first shot and had to take a second. – Ken
Why did Don Williams take off four years?
If you plan on sticking around Till the Rivers All Run Dry, you sort of have to pace yourself. Besides, it was only three months in Tulsa time. – CM
Why did Alan Jackson decide to sing?
Why did DaVinci decide to paint? Why did Shakespeare decide to write? Why did Colt Ford decide to rap? Some things are better off enjoyed without an explanation. – Sam
What is “Only Prettier” about?
Miranda Lambert, Juli Thanki, Janet Goodman, Karlie Justus… and CM Wilcox. – Ken
Why does Zac Brown Band wear a hat?
His head ends abruptly one inch above his eyebrows. The beanie is stuffed with crumpled-up newspapers to give it a rounder shape. – CM
He wanted something on his mind. – Ken
By wearing one collective hat, it’s easier to keep track of band members by forcing all of their heads into a giant beanie. No more leaving town after a show minus the fiddle player, thanks to one groupie or another. – Karlie
Why do people like bluegrass music?
Beats the hell out of me. – Blake Shelton
They’re under the mistaken impression that George Clooney invented it. But seriously, someone get Blake some Jimmy Martin. – CM
Who are Brooks & Dunn and why did they wait 20 years to split?
I’m not sure Garth and Holly were ever actually an item. – Ken
What is Kix Brooks doing now?
Actually singing. – Pierce
Why can’t I be rich and good looking?
Being rich will get you way more action than being good lookin’ so why care? – Blake Shelton
What does “Hemingway’s Whiskey” mean?
It means Kenny Chesney is trying to appear smarter than he really is, leaving the core of his fan-base hopelessly confused. – Pierce
Why do Kenny Chesney’s songs make me cry?
“She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy” made a lot of people cry. – Sam
What kind of jeans does Luke Bryan wear?
Luke Bryan doesn’t wear jeans, because jeans in rain are not good things. – Karlie
My wife said it was a brand I’ve never heard of called “Yummy.” – Ken
Why did Blake Shelton cover a Joe Nichols song?
Too busy answering mailbag questions to find a song that hadn’t already been recorded. – CM
- Jack Hanford: For those who are interested, there is a new 90-minute documentary video about Tompall & the Glaser Brothers on DVD ...
- joe morris: how come nobody mentions his fan club which started 1950 and was called the " the penny pushers " which ...
- jane: I'm reading this article in 2013 and I've yet to hear anything from the album played on the radio.....
- Catwandy: I guess Matt C. is eating his well-deserved crow 'bout now. Critics....gotta love 'em , bless their little hearts.
- Ed McClendon: Saw the brothers in Greeley CO on the occasion of Tompall's 50th birthday. The show wasn't well promoted and there ...
- Roby Fox: I'm sure no one else will know, or even care about this little tidbit of trivia. "Keep Your Change" was ...
- kate wonders: Roni Stoneman is still on Hee Haw every Sunday night on RFD channel.
- Marsha Blades: Tommy, You were so kind to me during a tough time in my life and I don't think I ever ...
- Leona Jones: I seen Chris at the Grand Ole Opry last week.. First time I have heard of him.. He rocked the ...
- Sonicjar Music: Agree with Lucas, But one thing is certain, for a song to come to existence, so many things have to ...